Best Orbital Sander UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best orbit sander that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
I really hate sanding, but sometimes it just has to be done and it is always worth the effort. Luckily you can get great power tools to help and a good orbital sander will do the hard work for you.
If you get a good sander then jobs like removing paint and varnish, preparing and smoothing surfaces, polishing and general cleaning up become much less of a pain.
The same rules for all power tools apply here. How often will you use the tool and how much do you want to spend.
Quality, features and price will all play a part in your choice and as you know, if its a tool I use regularly I like to buy something that's really good, as long as it doesn't break the bank.
It is also worth knowing that this type of sander is referred to as an orbit sander by some people and an orbital sander by some others.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of orbit sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Bosch Advanced 18 Cordless Orbital Sander
Best Orbital Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Bosch Advanced Orbit 18 Cordless Orbital Sander
Metabo SXE450 240V Orbit Sander
TACKLIFE Orbital Sander
VonHaus 430W Random Orbital Sander 125mm
Ryobi ROS300Orbit Sa nder, 300 W
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Bosch Advanced Orbit 18 Cordless Orbital Sander Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with most of the buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Effortless: Excellent, handling, control and manageability for relaxed and clean working in all orientations
- Versatility: Speed selection wheel for different materials and application like sanding wood & chipboard, polishing lacquered surfaces etc.
- Freedom: Optimal power and maximum endurance for all home tasks thanks to intelligent energy control
- Comes without Battery or charger
No 2 - Metabo SXE450 240V Orbit Sander Summary Review
- 90% Customer Satisfaction
- The SXE450 turboTec is high powered, compact in size and very lightweight.
- It also comes with an Intec dust filter unit plus a turboBoost switch for maximum stock removal.
- Improved ergonomics, styling and gearing with a bearing system that reduces vibration by 25%
No 3 - TACKLIFE Orbital Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- 6-adjustable-speed and 350W/13000 RPM motor
- Comes with 12Pcs 125m m Sanding Discs - Sanding Discs of 125mm (5"), 12pcs (grits of 80 and 180, 6pcs each)
- Efficient Dust Collector Box - Includes a dust collection box, removing away debris for safer and cleaner working environment
- Speed Locking Switch - The switch can lock the sanding speed at certain rate after activated
- 24 Months Warranty
No 4 - VonHaus 430W Random Orbital Sander 125mm
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Has a powerful and smooth running 300W electric motor
- 6 Setting Electronic Speed Control adjust speeds between 4000rpm and 12000rpm
- Dust Filter Bag keeps airborne dust to a minimum and the trigger lock allows you to with your hands off the power switch.
- Supplied with 12x assorted sanding discs of various grits.
- Complete with a 3 year warranty.
No 5 - Ryobi ROS300 Orbit Sander, 300 W Summary Review
- 84% buyer satisfaction rating
- Powerful 300W motor
- Large 2.4mm orbital base for high levels of stock removal
- Compact palm grip handle for added comfort
- Cyclonic action dust box for effective dust collection
Orbital Sander Buying Tips
- Any good sander should have a sealed electrical switch to help keep the dust out
- Dust collection is very important and ideally your sander should come with a dust bag, or at least a port that can be attached to a vacuum cleaner
- We also believe variable speed is important in the best orbit sander as it allows you full control over the sanding - you may pay a little extra for that, but it is worth every penny
- We also like to have a trigger lock as that saves having to constantly hold in the trigger when sanding large areas
The bottom line is that if you are planning on working with wood, then a good quality sander is an excellent investment as it will be a huge time saver.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use an Orbital Sander
Hopefully you have found this information on orbital sanders useful. If an orbit sander is not the one for you, then check out our full list of sander types by clicking here.
The orbital sander though still remains a popular choice for many UK buyers.