Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best rotary burr set that is currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
Burr tools are really a rotating type of file that are used for fine shaping work. They will remove material quickly and accurately and tend to be used by craftsmen for fine work.
They are a universally fitting type of tool and although there are specialised holder tools, such as the Dremel, most people just use them in a standard drill. I dont feel that you need a specific tool to use them, a drill has always worked very well for me.
If you use a variable speed drill with a slow start feature then you cant really go wrong, after a bit of practice on some spare material obviously.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of rotary burr sets. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Rotary Burr Set Carving Tool
Top 5 Burr Sets by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Rotary Burr Set Carving Tool
Tungsten Carbide HSS Rotary Burr Set
Yakamoz 10pcs Double Cut Tungsten Steel Solid Carbide Rotary Burrs Set
10 Pcs Tungsten Carbide Rotary Burr Set
Kutzall Extreme Cylinder Burr, 1⁄8" Shaft, Very Coarse
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Rotary Burr Set Carving Tool Summary Review
- 96% customer satisfaction with 77% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Made of high quality tungsten steel that can be used on iron, steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum and other metals
- 10pcs metal rotary burr set is packeged in a small case(2.3*3.9*0.6inch)
- Suitable for engraving, beveling, chamfering, grooving, reaming, hollowing
- Durability is ten times higher than high-speed steel tools and more than 200 times higher than the small grinding wheels
No 2 - Tungsten Carbide HSS Rotary Burr Set 400 W Summary Review
- 92% Customer Satisfaction
- Made from carbide, high speed steel
- Shaft: 1/8 inch (3 mm), length: 8/5 inch (40 mm)
- Works with most grinders and engraving tools, e.g. Dremel, Proxxon, Mister Tool, Einhell
- Perfect for processing all types of materials such as wood, plastic, foam or resin models
- 20 different tools, including: burrs, grinding head and milling tools etc. Meet most of your drilling requirements, suitable for engraving, chamfering, chamfering, grooving, reaming, hollow machining
No 3 - Yakamoz 10pcs Double Cut Tungsten Steel Solid Carbide Rotary Burrs Set Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Tungsten Carbide Double Cut Rotary Burr Set 1/8" shank Fit Dremel
- Shank diameter: 3mm, Shank Length: 35mm, Cutting edge diameter: 6 mm
- Made from Tungsten | Carbide. High micro hardness,high abrasion resistance,good toughness.
- Works well on Copper, Aluminum, Alloy, Iron, Marble, Jade, Steel, Glass, Wood and Plaster
- Suitable for polishing metals and plastics, jewelers, lapidary use, hobbies, crafts, craft modeling, home repair and so much more.
No 4 - 10 Pcs Tungsten Carbide Rotary Burr Set Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Made of high quality tungsten carbide
- Shank diameter: 3 mm(1/8 inch); Cutting edge diameter: 6 mm(1/4 inch); Total length: 50 mm(2 inch)
- Suitable for deburring and polishing on iron, steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum and other metals, and marble, jade, bone.
- 10pcs carving tools set
No 5 - Kutzall Extreme Cylinder Burr, 1⁄8" Shaft, Very Coarse Summary Review
- 94% buyer satisfaction rating
- Rapid Material Removal - Saving you time and effort.
- Tungsten Carbide Teeth - Giving you outstanding wear-life, for a much longer lasting burr.
- Tthis is more of a rough start tool, not a finishing tool.
- Should only be used on non-metallic materials, so really made for wood
I know this isn't actually a full set but it's the best selling burr tool at the minute and I thought I would add it in here. Its a great tool for removing material quickly and you can use some of the finer tools to finish the job.
Rotary Burr Set Buying Tips
So a few things you need to know about these sets. Firstly there are different types of burr for different materials and actions.
Single cut burrs have a right handed spiral flute. These tend to be used with stainless steel and for metal in general. They will remove material quickly and they will leave a pretty smooth finish.
Double cut carbide burrs tend to be used on plastics and wood although they do still work on metal. Because they have more cutting edges they will leave a smoother finish and usually work much quicker. These are the most popular types of burrs.
The shanks are usually found in the following shank sizes:
- 1.6mm or 1/16"
- 2.35mm or 3/32"
- 3mm or 1/8"
- 6mm or 1/4"
The smaller the shank is then the faster the RPM needs to be for the burr to work well. For instance a 16mm shank needs to rotate around 25000 RPM and a 6mm will work best around 15000RPM, so keep this in mind when you are buying your set.
Lastly, when you are using these tools there are a few basics. Dont use too much pressure and try to keep the burr on the move as much as possible. You will get some tips in the video below.
Using a Burr Set
The Review Team
This is our small but effective product research team who do all the hard work in the background. Geoff and Enda both have a long construction background and Judy takes care of all the web design and heads up the bigger research team.
Hopefully you have found this information on rotary burr sets useful.