Best Cordless Makita Drill UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best cordless Makita drills that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace. This is a competing brand for Dewalt, and Makita tools are now becoming a very popular choice for many buyers in the UK.
If you can just forget all about the specs for a minute, I can tell you that you are entering the world of superb quality tools. Each and every Makita drill that we have rated here feels perfectly balanced and weighted in your hand. They are rugged, powerful, reliable and will be a tool for life that you will love using. They will never let you down.
You might think they are expensive but they aren't over the top. You are getting a fully professional quality drill and we think that's worth the price that's being asked. This is definitely a time when its right to spend the extra money and get the proper quality.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of Makita drill/drivers. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the best selling Makita HP457DWE10 Combi drill that comes with accessories with carry case. Its absolutely perfect as a complete kit.
Top 5 Drill/Drivers by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Makita HP457DWE10 Combi drill accessories with carry case
Makita DHR202Z 18 V Body Only Cordless Hammer Drill
Makita DHP484Z 18V Li-ion Brushless Combi Drill 54 Nm - Body Only
Makita DHP458Z 18 V Body Only Cordless Compact 2-Speed Combi Drill
Makita HP333DSAX1 Powered Hammer Drill, 12 V max. / 2.0 Ah, 2 Batteries + Charger in Transport case
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Makita HP457DWE10 Combi drill accessories with carry case Summary Review
- 94% customer satisfaction with a massive 85% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is the best selling Makita cordless drill in the range by a long way
- It comes with 2 18 V 1.3 Ah Li-Ion Batteries
- Charger Dc 18 W
- It Includes 74 piece accessory set for drilling and fixing
- Includes carry case
- Absolute perfect full starter kit that will be used by pro's and amateurs alike, and will be loved!
No 2 - Makita DHR202Z 18 V Body Only Cordless Hammer Drill Summary Review
- 96% Customer Satisfaction with 90% of users giving it a 5 star rating
- Maximum in wood 26 mm, steel 13 mm, concrete 20 mm
- 0-4000 blows per minute
- No load speed 0-1100 RPM
- Triple operation mode; rotary only, hammer only and rotary hammer
- High comfort grips, LED job light with afterglow and one touch sliding chuck for ways bit changes
- Conveniently located push button for forward and reverse
No 3 - Makita DHP484Z 18V Li-ion Brushless Combi Drill 54 Nm - Body Only Summary Review
- 92% buyer satisfaction rating
- 0-30000 impacts per minute (Hi) 0-7500 impacts per minute (Lo)
- 21 plus drill torque settings
- Electric brake, two mechanical gears
- Variable speed control by trigger, forward/reverse rotation
- Compact overall length of 182 mm, keyless chuck
- Aluminium gear housing, all metal gear construction
No 4 - Makita DHP458Z 18 V Body Only Cordless Compact 2-Speed Combi Drill Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Maximum in wood 65 mm, maximum in masonry 16 mm maximum in steel 13 mm
- No load speed 0-2000/400 RPM
- 0-3000/6000 blows per minute
- Enhanced dust and drip-proof performance for use in outdoor applications or harsh environments
- Single sleeve keyless chuck allows for easy bit installation/removal by one hand
- Twin LED Job light with pre-glow and afterglow functions
No 5 - Makita HP333DSAX1 Powered Hammer Drill, 12 V max. / 2.0 Ah, 2 Batteries + Charger in Transport case Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Powerful motor for high working speed and high torque
- Electronic speed can be adjusted
- Impact mechanism can be switched off
- Battery capacity indicator
- 18-fold torque setting plus drill setting
- You can tell by the price here that you are getting a totally complete starter kit. Worth a look if you are starting off
Makita Drill Buying Tips
You really cant go wrong if you are going to buy one of these Makita drills. They are one of the best drills on the market and great value for money. There are a few things you need to remember before you make a purchase though.
Many of these drills will come as "body only" so that means you will have to buy the battery as well. Can I suggest that you buy two batteries at this point? You will never regret it and although they are not cheap, it will make your life so much easier.
If you are going to be drilling through walls regularly you probably need to consider buying a hammer action only drill. The standard drills above are combi action ( apart from no.2 ) and will, of course, drill through concrete but a hammer model finds it much easier and really that's what the Makita DHR202Z is designed for.
For any other features you may look for in a cordless drill, these Makita models have them all as standard. Power, torque, variable speed, slow start, brushless motors, large chuck size range, excellent battery, charging station, dual action hammer and standard. EVERYTHING !
Using a Makita Drill
The Makita Brand
The Makita brand sell a wide range of cordless tools and tools for the construction and demolition industries. They also sell some garden machinery. They sell their tools through various stores in the UK including B&Q, Screwfix, Cromwell, Jewson, Buildbase, Bradfords, Wickes and more.
Their HQ is in Japan. Their Telford manufacturing plant is the only full-production facility for power tools in the UK and has been successfully running construction on many of our top line cordless power tools since 1991.
Makita believe that for a good tool you need a good motor, and Makita makes every effort to make sure our motors are of the best quality.
They use premium grade steel to produce armature shafts and gears, and only steel of the highest grade is used.
They also complete quality control tests on each and every, machine that leaves their manufacturing plants.
If the Makita drill brand isn't the right one for you then check out our top 10 list of cordless drills by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on Makita drills useful.