Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best laminator saws that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
These saws might better be described as laminate floor saws. There are actually very few saws that are specifically designed for this exact job, so i have listed what i believe are the top three models and i have also added two guillotine style cutters that are also very popular.
A specifically designed laminate saw differs slightly from normal saws, which of course will still do a reasonable job. You really need as many teeth as possible per inch, a very thin and stiff blade and also as little flex as possible. This type of saw will get you the neatest cut.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of veneer saws. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Spear & Jackson B98 Predator Laminate Saw
Best Veneer Saw by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Spear & Jackson B98 Predator Laminate Saw
Bahco PC-20-Lam Laminator Saw 20In
Draper 66125 Venom Double Ground Laminate Saw
Wolfcraft LC 600-laminate Cutter
VonHaus Laminate Floor Cutter
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Spear & Jackson B98 Predator Laminate Saw Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction
- 58 x 13 x 2.5 cm 440g
- Hardpoint saw delivering a fine cut
- Rigid blade minimises 'whip'
- Useful 45/90 degree angle guide
- Soft feel ergonomic grip
- Best seller
No 2 - Bahco PC-20-Lam Laminator Saw 20In Summary Review
- 86% customer satisfaction
- 14.1 x 2.8 x 57.1 cm 499g
- 20in x 11 Teeth / 12 ppi.
- Specially designed for cutting laminated and wood flooring
- Steel blade is taller and thicker than conventional blades
- Blade is taller and thicker than conventional blades
No 3 - Draper 66125 Venom Double Ground Laminate Saw Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- 20" saw 458g
- High quality 1 mm carbon steel
- Corrosion free coating
- Hardened, tempered, straightened blade specifically for laminate
- Cuts wood, plasterboard and plastic
No 4 - Wolfcraft LC 600-laminate Cutter Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Cuts up to 8 mm. (integrated footfall sound insulation with a thickness of up to 11 mm and width of 465 mm)
- For precise 90° cuts with limit stop, for angular cuts from 0° - 180°
- Clean cut on the decorative side
No 5 - VonHaus Laminate Floor Cutter Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Cuts into laminate up to 210mm long and 10mm deep
- Size guide for different thicknesses
- Lightweight model
- Parallel or angles cuts
- Reasonable priced
These laminator saws are very good and are specifically designed to cut laminate flooring. A regular saw may do the cut for you but these are really a specialist saw that will do a neater job and produce a better finish.
They are not expensive so i think they are well worth having in your tool box. You might not use it very often but really that just means it will last a lifetime if keep it stored properly.
As you can see there are really two basic designs and really one is a guillotine instead of a saw. if you have a lot of cuts to do, i would definitely recommend the Wolfcraft cutter. Its the most expensive on our list but that is for a good reason. It gives the neatest cut, is the easiest to use and requires the least effort.
Pretty easy choice !
If you just have a few cuts to do then one of the saws will still do a really good job for you though.
One last thing. You will see lots of videos showing people cutting laminate flooring with a jigsaw, circular saw, table saw or some other power tool. These power saws are not fine enough to cut laminate floor, keep away from these. You will only learn the hard way !
Hopefully you have found this information on veneer saws useful.