Best Tool Bag UK Reviews
In this article we review, what we think to be the best tool bags, that are currently available in the UK market. There are many different types to choose from. Typically they cost anything between £10-40. The average cost for a good one is about £20-25.
The main purpose of a tool bag, is that you can quickly throw a lot of tools into it, and be able to find them as and when you need them. If you work at a particular job for example, then you can keep certain selected tools in a bag like this.
Some people prefer to use a tool box, or a tool chest.
We have articles on the top 10 tool boxes in the UK, which you can read by clicking here.
You can also read about tool chests by clicking here.
This article however is about the very popular tool bag options.
Having your tools in a tool box is one way of staying organised with your tools, and also keeping them safe. With a tool bag, you can do the same thing, though generally speaking tool bags are smaller, lighter but still hold enough tools and accessories for most people.
The brands Stanley and Wolf dominate the UK market, for these types of tool bags.
What is the best tool bag?
The best tool bag is the Stanley STA193950 Fatmax Technician Bag, as this one has sold in its thousands, gets great buyer reviews and is an affordable option. This is a standard 18" tool bag with a tough waterproof bottom, dual zip opening, a rubber grip handle, heavy duty shoulder strap and has 6 external and 5 internal pockets.
Top 10 Rated Tool Bags
Just below you will find an easy to read top 10 tool bags table. There we have placed the bags in a specific order. The order we have used is the highest buyer rated first. In other words we have placed the bags in order of what buyers judged their quality to be.
Always check on the exact date and time when you are making any purchase. The ratings we update on a regular monthly basis.
You can click on each image to see a larger version. Underneath the table, we have done a more specific and detailed review on each box.
Tool Bag Name
So as you can see from our top 10 table, there is certainly plenty of choice. Stanley have clearly captured this market, and they do make high quality bags. Above we have shown you the ten bags, that get the highest buyer ratings.
Best Tool Bag Summary Reviews
Underneath, we have completed short and concise reviews, on these top 10 products. That way you can see at a glance, which one is the best choice for you.
No 1 Choice - Wolf Set of 3 Heavy Duty Tool Bags Review
- A set of 3 tool bags, small medium and large
- Small: 350 x 200 x 200mm (L x W x H), Medium: 400 x 280 x 250mm (L x W x H)and Large: 500 x 300 x 350mm (L x W x H)
- Each of the bags has 6 external pouches and 2 external pockets
- Each bag uses a zipper for opening and closing
- Made from a robust, water resistant polyester
- Each bag has its own shoulder strap and carrying handles if you prefer
No 2 Choice - Stanley Fatmax Open Tote Bag Review (Best Open Tote Tool Bag)
- This tool bag is made from a tough denier fabric
- Measures 25 x 48 x 35 cm and weighs empty 1 Kg
- Heavy duty steel handle with a solid rubber grip
- The bottom of the tool bag is made from a waterproof plastic
- Has a saw storage pocket, and steel holder for a measuring tape
- Has internal tool loops, a drill bit holder, and covered compartments
No 3 Choice - Stanley FMST1-71180 FatMax Open Mouth Rigid Tool Bag Review
- 18" tool bag - Made from a 600 denier fabric which is tough wearing and durable
- Measures 50 x 29 x 30 cm and weighs 2 Kg
- Poplypropylene hard base protects the bag from moisture and dirt.
- Padded shoulder strap and carrying handles
- When this bag is unzipped, both sides of the cover pull back to create an "open mouth". This allows for easy access to the contents.
- Multiple internal and external pockets
No 4 Choice - Stanley 195611 Fatmax Tool Backpack Review
- Heavy duty backpack
- Measures 46 x 36 x 27 cm and weighs 2.2 Kg
- Uses a zipper from top to bottom, and the bag then opens into two halves
- Compartment pockets on the inside
- Two side pockets for larger items and a net back pocket
- There is a back support system
- Waterproof plastic bottom
- Has a removable divider with multiple pockets and tool holders
- Has a storage option for a power tool or laptop
No 5 Choice - Wolf Heavy Duty Strong Tool Bag Review
- The tool bag is made from heavy duty water resistant ployester
- Measures 35 x 20 x 20 cm and weighs 3 Kg
- Has carrying handles and a shoulder strap
- Uses a zipper to close
- 6 external pouches, 6 internal pouches and 2 external pockets
No 6 Choice - Stanley Fatmax Technicians Toolbag Review
- A tool bag with the technician in mind
- Rigid waterproof bottom helps protect the tools
- Has carrying handles and a heavy duty shoulder strap
- Has a removable divider and belt clip, along with various storage solutions
- Holder for a steel tape and a drill bit holder inside
- Measures 37 x 32 x 40 cm and weighs 2 Kg
No 7 Choice -Stanley 193330 12-inch Toolbag Review
- This is a compact drill tool bag
- Measures 15.2 x 20.8 x 36 cm and weighs 0.58 Kg
- Rubber foamed bottom
- 2 exterior pockets and 8 interior pockets
- Mesh external pocket
- Made from a tough wearing denier
No 8 Choice - Stanley 1-96-183 16-inch Open Tote Bag Review
- Heavy duty bag made from denier, that is scratch and cut resistant
- Measures 44.7 x 27.5 x 23.5 cm and weighs 1 Kg
- Carrying handles and a shoulder strap
- Plastic base that increases durability
- A padlock can be fitted
No 9 Choice - Stanley STA193950 Fatmax Technician Bag Review
- Another popular technician tool bag
- Measures 49 x 26 x 28 cm and weighs 1 Kg
- Rigid waterproof bottom to protect tools
- Rubber grip handle and a shoulder strap
- Has interior tool loops
- Leather reinforced in key weak spots
No 10 Choice - MultiWare Heavy Duty Tool Bag Review
- Heavy duty black and yellow tool bag
- Measures 16 x 10 x 9 inches and weighs 0.6 Kg
- Has an adjustable padded shoulder strap
- Hard PVC base
Best Tool Bag for Plumbers
We are asked a lot, which is the best tool bag for plumbers. Well according to all the plumber forums on line, one stands out from all of the rest, and that is the Stanley Fatmax.
Most of the plumbers on there, who want a tool bag and not a box, say this one is by far the best choice. Quite a few plumbers said that they keep their everyday tools one one side and the other side holds spanners, flue brushes, warning pads labels and the other bits and bobs.
Best Electricians Tool Bag
We are also asked about the best tool bag for electricians. Well we searched through the various online forums where electricians discuss these things, and most seemed to think that the Fatmax Techician's Tool Bag is the one to go for.
Tool Bag Buying Guide
As you can see these tool bags are all pretty similar in price and their functionality. Essentially they hold tools, and as they are quick and easy to open, you can find your tools pretty quickly.
Some of these will have dividers, and some will have sections where you can store smaller items. The intent of these is that you can keep the tools you use the most, and easily transport them around from job to job.
I have a couple of these. In one I store my electrician tools like screwdrivers, pliers, cutters a meter, tape, fuses etc. In the other bag I keep some spanners and a socket set, along with drill bits.
These are all made from a tough wearing fabric. They are all hard wearing and will last for a very long time. The bottom of these bags are almost always reinforced with plastic. That helps protect the tools and contents inside, and also keeps the bags waterproof.
Who Needs a Tool Bag?
Most people who are in a trade will more than likely own at least one of these bags. That is especially true if they move about from job to job. Many technicians. electricians and computer engineers will have on of these as standard.
Many homeowners will also have one of these, and again especially if they don't own a tool box. These are a good option for people in that position.