Thanks for taking your time to read our information on the best wallpaper scraper. These need to be a bit more rigid and a lot stronger than a filling knive as wallpaper can be pretty tough to remove.
These two tools often get confused and mixing those up can lead to problems as its very easy to dig into a wall when you are removing paper and leave marks or scores.
What is a Wallpaper Scraper
This is not too technical a question as its obvious that they are used to remove wallpaper from your walls!
That being said it is important that you get a scraper that works well for you, is comfortable and won't be hurting your hand after 5 minutes and that will remove the paper without leaving any marks on the wall that will need to be filled.
These are not expensive so I usually think it is worth buying the best thats available. That being said, we found that the most popular scraper costs under £5 so I dont think there is any need to pay much more than that unless you are a professional painter and decorator.
In a Hurry?
"With over 300 online buyer reviews and a 92% buyer satisfaction rating, this is the most popular choice by UK buyers, based on our extensive research.
Best Rated Wallpaper Scraper
We have completed researching the top wallpaper scrapers so as our readers don't have to. Below we have included the top few most popular of these that are currently sold online in the United Kingdom
Rolson Paint Scraper, 125 mm
- 28.5 x 14 x 7.5 cm; 160 Grams
- Paint scraper hand tool
- Mirror polished blade
- Bi material cushion grip handle
- Hang hole
- 125mm Width
- These are available in 5 sizes
- Very comfortable to use for long periods of time
92% buyer satisfaction based on 300+ online buyer reviews.
WORKRPO Paint Wallpaper Scraper Set 4-Piece
94% buyer satisfaction based on 200+ online buyer reviews.
- 29.4 x 19.7 x 2.9 cm; 330 Grams
- Made of 3CR13 stainless steel that is strong and corrosion-resistant.
- The handle of the wall scraper is made of rubber, with anti-slip patterns on both sides.
- The scraper tool comes with 4 different sizes: 12.5cm, 10cm, 7.5cm, 3.8cm (5”, 4”, 3”, 1.5”)
- It is flexible and provides you with great force when you work with the jointing knife
COTTAM Paint and Wallpaper Scraper Set
- 24.2 x 8.8 x 3.3 cm; 200 Grams
- 3 multipurpose scrapers in sizes 1” (25 MM), 2” (50 MM) and 3” (75 MM)
- All three scrapers feature soft grip handles for comfort.
- Blades are made from carbon steel and are flexible yet strong
94% buyer satisfaction based on 400+ online buyer reviews.
Clauss 18857 5" Titanium Heavy Duty Bent Scraper
94% buyer satisfaction based on 50+ online buyer reviews.
- 23.8 x 12.7 x 3.4 cm; 226.8 Grams
- A bit more expensive than a std scraper but well worth it
- Titanium non-stick bonding for superior adhesive and rust resistance
- Hardened, tempered blade
- Non-slip grip for control & comfort
- Full tang construction
- Solid hammer end sets drywall nails
- This is realy a professionals tool
UOWAN Wallpaper Scraper Tool Set Pack of 3
- 21.5 x 15 x 2.4 cm; 80 Grams
- Stainless steel scrapet set is made of high quality stainless steel and plastic handle
- 3 sizes 4cm/1.5inch, 6.5cm/2.5inch, 10cm/4inch
- Great all purpose set can be used for filling and scraping
92% buyer satisfaction based on 600+ online buyer reviews.
Wallpaper Scraper, 4 Pcs Stainless Steel Paint Scraper
92% buyer satisfaction based on 1,000+ online buyer reviews.
- 29.4 x 19.7 x 2.9 cm; 330 Grams
- Made of 3CR13 stainless steel in a mirrored polished finish
- The handle of the wall scraper is made of rubber and is pretty comfortable to use
- Has a hole on the handles for easy storage
- The scraper tool comes with 4 different sizes: 12.5cm, 10cm, 7.5cm, 3.8cm (5”, 4”, 3”, 1.5”).
Wallpaper Scraper Buying Tips
These buying tips should help narrow down your choices, and we think they are worth a quick read.
Tip 1 - Flexible Blade
You will need a strong blade for stripping most types of paper, especially if you decide not to use a steamer. It is just as important though to get a scraper that has a bit of flexibility.
This is a lot easier to use and it much less likely to make any marks or do any damage to the surface. You want to have to do as little sanding and prep of the striped wall as possible.
Tip 2 - Handle
The handle should should be very comfortable to use and be not too hard. Even stripping one room can be a big enough job and if the handle doesn't fell nice in your hand it will make the job 10 times harder.
I find if my hand gets tired then I am more likely to cut corners and not do as good a job. Again you want as little work prepping the wall when you have finished.
Tip 3 - Buy a Set
We recommend getting a set as sometimes a different size can be really handy. I like to use a large scraper for the main part and have a smaller one for doing round the doors, light switches etc.
A few different sizes are very handy indeed.
A very quick video review
We have looked over all the video reviews and found this great short presentation on how to strip wallpaper. It gives you an instant idea of what to expect as well as telling you the best way to go about this
I hope you enjoy watching it as I always think its much better to see something in action rather than just reading about it or seeing pictures. This guy is particularly good at explaining the technique and he offers some very useful tips.
If you are still not sure, then remember our recommendation for the Rolson Paint Scraper.This is a great scraper at a very reasonable price. I would also suggest, if you have a lrage room to do, that a wallpaper steamer would greatly help to get the job done quicker and easier.
I always like to let the tools do the work and as i hate stripping wallpaper having the right tools is essential for me!
With over 300 online buyer reviews and a 92% buyer satisfaction rating, this is the most popular choice by UK buyers, based on our extensive research.