Thanks for taking your time to read our review of the Makita DGA504Z 18V 125mm Brushless Angle Grinder. Below we have included a full and detailed review of this highly popular choice for UK buyers.
This is an extremely highly rated model from Makita and is a really big seller in the UK. I can tell you straight from the start that this is a great tool.
How Buyers Rate the Makita DGA504Z?
96% buyer satisfaction based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
- 87% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star review
- 2% of all buyers gave this a poor review
Really great reviews for this tool from all the buyers. Anything over 90% is a winner and this model is hitting 96% from thousands of satisfied users. Reviews like this are scarce indeed.
What Buyers Say about the Makita DGA504Z?
96% of buyers really loved this angle grinder and I have to agree with them. It's a proper, professional quality tool that will do virtually any job for you. The price reflects the qood quality and I believe you are far better spending that extra bit of money on a tool to get something that you can rely on.
Makita DGA504Z Specification
- 36.2 x 14 x 14.5 cm; 2.5 Kilograms
- Comes without battery or charger
- Automatic Speed Control: Automatically changes rotation speed according to load condition.
- High power brushless motor for maximum efficiency and long lifetime.
- Anti-restart function.
- Soft start.
- Electronic current limiter for overload protection
- Battery fuel gauge LED's - also warns that anti-restart function and current limiter have been activated
- Rubberised soft grip
- Electronic current limiter for overload protection
- Slide switch conveniently located for one hand operation
- XPT - Extreme Protection Technology - for use in outdoor applications or harsh environments
Makita DMR115 - Key Features
The brushless motor gets rid of carbon brushes, and allows the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for a longer life. It is also electronically controlled to optimise battery energy and use up to 50% longer run time per charge.
Most people will tell you that brushless is much better than using carbon brushes. The tool functions much smoother and feels better, as well as the battery and tool overall life being improved.
Quality and Reliability
Quality is the king in a tool like this. You want your grinder to work first time, every time when you have a job to do.
This model is getting 96% satisfaction from all buyers and really that is what you are paying for from a Makita tool. 3 years warranty on any of their products show you that these tools are built to last. Really, if you arent too hard on tools, this angle grinder should last you a lifetime.
A very quick video review
We have looked over all the video reviews and found this great short presentation on this Makita power tool. It gives you an instant idea of what to expect as well as telling you all the features and spec in and easy to understand format.
I hope you enjoy watching it as I always think its much better to see a tool in action rather than just reading about it or seeing pictures. This guy is particularly good at explaining the features of the angle grinder and he is well known for demonstrating Makita tools.
Best Makita Battery
- 18 Volts Lithium-Ion battery
- 6.0 Ah
- 55 minute charge time
- Weighs 660 grams
- Includes a battery capacity indicator LED so you know how much charge is left.
- Works with all power tools that feature a yellow connector plate or has a star on the connector plate
- Suitable for tools like saws, blowers and trimmers
90% buyer satisfaction based on 50+ reviews
If you are not sure which battery is best for you then have a read at Best Makita Battery for some more helpful information. Angle grinders aren't too hard on the battery but if you have a big job to do then i would advise you to go for this top of the range 6Ah battery.
Makita DC18RC Battery Charger
- This will charge one 18V or 14.4V Makita LXT slide battery
- It is classed as a is a compact sized fast charger
- Takes 15 minutes to fully charge an 18V 1.5Ah Makita battery
- Takes 22 minutes to fully charge an 18V 3.0Ah Makita battery
- Takes 36 minutes to fully charge an 18V 4.0Ah Makita battery
- Takes 45 minutes to fully charge an 18V 5.0Ah Makita battery
- Takes 55 minutes to fully charge an 18V 6.0Ah Makita battery
- This is a 240 Volt charger and comes with a UK 3-pin plug
96% buyer satisfaction based on 100+ reviews
The MAKITA DC18RC has a cooling fan that blows cool air into the battery. A digital power display identifies the condition of the battery and charging condition.
It measures 23.6 x 16.4 x 30.8 cm and weighs 820 grams.
The Makita Brand
The Makita brand sell a wide range of cordless tools and tools for the construction and demolition industries. They also sell some garden machinery. They sell their tools through various stores in the UK including B&Q, Screwfix, Cromwell, Jewson, Buildbase, Bradfords, Wickes and more.
Their HQ is in Japan. Their Telford manufacturing plant is the only full-production facility for power tools in the UK and has been successfully running construction on many of our top line cordless power tools since 1991.
Makita believe that for a good tool you need a good motor, and Makita makes every effort to make sure their motors are of the best quality. They use premium grade steel to produce armature shafts and gears, and only steel of the highest grade is used.
They also complete quality control tests on each and every, machine that leaves their manufacturing plants.
Our Verdict on the Makita DGA504Z?
It's very easy for me to tell you that this is a brilliant angle grinder. It's not the cheapest one you might find but then again do you want the cheapest?
The brushless motor sets the price a bit higher for a start and really it is a heavy duty tool than most of the cheaper models you will find.
As soon as you hold it in your hand you will be able to tell it's better quality than it's rivals.
I have no hestitation in recommending this as an angle grinder for a professional tradesman or someone who will give it a lot of use. It's an easy choice.
If you are still not sure then have a look at our Top 10 Angle Grinders for some more inspiration.