Best Cordless Dewalt Drill for Home Use
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best cordless Dewalt drill for home use that is currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace. This brand has been the go to brand for professionals and the trades, and is also a very popular choice for many home buyers in the UK.
More and more keen DIY home owners are starting to purchase Dewalt tools of all kinds. I remember making the move for the first time myself, and was nervous as I had spent more than I would normally do on a drill.
Dewalt is a more expensive brand for sure, but when my drill arrived in the post the first impressions were very good. The case was good and when opened up, it also looked great inside the solid carrying case.
However, it is only when you use one of these, that you discover the reason for the higher price. They are powerful, really well balanced, and the battery lasts for ages. I no longer was concerned about the amount of money I had spent.
Several years later and my Dewalt drill and other tools are still going strong.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of Dewalt drill/drivers. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Dewalt DCD796P1-GB Combi Drill
Top 5 Drill/Drivers by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Dewalt DCD796P1-GB Combi Drill
Dewalt 18V Combi Drill
Dewalt DCD776C1 18V Combi Drill
Dewalt DCD996N 18V Combi Drill
Dewalt 18V XR Brushless Compact Combi Drill
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Dewalt DCD796P1-GB Summary Review
- 94% customer satisfaction with 89% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is an 18V XR compact hammer drill driver
- It has a brushless motor which means the drill will last for a longer time than motors with brushes
- A good choice for working in restricted spaces as it is compact
- Can be used as a drill, a hammer drill and a screwdriver
- Comes with batteries, a charger a T-stak carry case, a belt hook and a magnetic bit holder
It has 2 speeds. The transmission parts of this drill are all made from metal including the 13 mm chuck
There are 15 adjustable torque controls for consistent screw driving into a variety of materials.
Has a rubber grip handle to avoid any slipping. Also has an LED light for lighting up poorly lit work areas.
No 2 - Dewalt 18V Combi Drill Summary Review
- 93% Customer Satisfaction with 81% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is an 18V combi drill that comes with 2 batteries and a charger - 2 batteries are useful as you can be using one while the other is charging
- Comes in a T Stak carrying case
- Has an all-metal gearing and chuck for long lasting toughness
- Also has an LED work light
The battery life on this model is extremely good. Many buyers also liked the hammer function for getting through concrete.
Dewalt also provide a very good range of screw driving bits with this combi drill/driver
No 3 - Dewalt DCD776C1 18V Summary Review
- 93% buyer satisfaction rating with 86% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is an 18V cordless hammer drill/driver
- It comes with a battery and a fast one hour charger
- It has 15 torque settings and a 2 speed gear box
- Can drill up to 13 mm in masonry and metal and up to 30 mm in wood
- Has a no load speed: 0-450/1500 rpm
There are lots of home owners in the UK that have made this model their number one choice. They liked the 1 hour battery charger, metal gearbox and automatic spindle lock.
The grip is rubber, so won't slip and it does have an electric braking system.
No 4 - Dewalt DCD996N 18V Summary Review
- 91% buyer satisfaction rating with 78% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is a drill, a driver and also has a hammer feature (38,250 BPM)
- Please note this is a body only drill so ideal if you already own a compatible Dewalt Li-Ion battery
- It also has a 3 position LED torch with high/medium/low settings to light up your work space
This drill/driver has a 3 speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life.
No 5 -Dewalt 18V XR Brushless Compact Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating with 81% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This 18V drill has been out for a longer time and has been well and truly tested by the professionals
- It comes with a charger, battery and case
- The model number is the DCD795M1
- Like most Dewalt drills this one also uses brushless technology
- 2 speed all metal transmission
This is a compact drill so good for working overhead or in tight or restricted areas. It also has a hammer function which offers 0-34,000 BPM for fast drilling in masonry materials.
It comes with an LED light with 20 second trigger release delay.
Dewalt Drill Buying Tips
- The most popular battery size is 18V and most of the Dewalt battery packs will work with these combi style drills. Their 5.0 Ah battery is the one that will last the longest.
- Almost every Dewalt drill has a brushless motor which means the motor will last far longer than a motor that needs brushes to be replaced over time
- Dewalt use only Lithium-Ion batteries for their drill which are faster to charge and hold their charge for much longer than the older style Ni-Cad batteries
- Most Dewalt chargers have the 1 hour fast charge which is great as you don't have to wait hours on a charge
- Torque settings are important when it comes to drilling into different types of material. Most Dewalt drill have 15 different settings which is more than enough
Using a Dewalt Drill
If the Dewalt drill brand isn't the right one for you then check out our top 5 list of cordless drills by clicking here.
The Dewalt Brand
The Dewalt brand is a hugely popular brand with the trade professionals. If you look on any construction or building site in the UK, you will find it littered with Dewalt branded tools of all kinds.
Dewalt make the full range of power tools including drills, rotary and demolition hammers, nailers, sanders, saws grinders and many more. They have a very distinct black and yellow coloured brand.
The name itself comes from its founder Raymond E Dewalt and started back in 1922.
In the UK they sell through retailers that include Screwfix, RS Components, Travis Perkins and their own Dewalt Premier Centre.
If Dewalt is not the brand for you, then why not check out our top 10 cordless drill/drivers list by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on cordless Dewalt drills for home use useful.