Tool Advice is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best cordless drill combo kits that are currently available on the UK marketplace. Combo kits really mean combination kits, and these really do come in a wide range of variations.
The general idea behind a "combo kit" is to get a few power cordless tools that share a battery and charger. Combo kits will be initially more expensive to purchase. That said, they will be cheaper than buying individual tools.
The most popular type of combo kit is a cordless drill/driver and an impact driver. Some brands such as Ryobi also do a triple back of a cordless drill/driver, an impact driver and a circular saw.
The best type of deal to get on a combo kit is 2 or 3 tools that you will use, two batteries, a charger and a kit bag. That way you can keep them all in one place, and be able to use one battery, while the other one is charged or being charged.
Just above you see a popular cordless drill combo kit. You get the cordless drill/driver and an impact driver for heavier screwing. This then comes with 2 batteries and a charger and can be stored in the box provided.
As a kit this costs around £200. If you were buying the individual items it would be closer to £300 and you wouldn't have the box to store them. So, as we explained earlier, more initial cost, but much better savings on the overall purchase.
All the leading brands offer some variation on these type of combo kits.
Our Favourite Top 5 Cordless Drill Combo Kits
As we mentioned there are lots to pick from. We have done a lot of research into these and figured out what combinations are the most popular, and also which offer the best overall value.
We have listed those below.
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - DeWalt DCK211D2T 10.8V Li-ion Cordless Compact Drill Driver and Impact Driver Summary Review
- 94% customer satisfaction with 85% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- You get the DCD710 cordless drill/driver, the DCF815 impact driver, 2 batteries, a charger, a belt hook, magnetic bit holder and the TStak clear lid kit box.
- The DCD710 is a compact drill/driver with adjustable torque control. It has a 10mm single sleeve keyless chuck, all metal gearing and can drill 19 mm in wood, and 10 mm into steel
- The DCF815 XR Impact Driver also has all-metal gearing, with a Bit Holder: 6.35mm (1/4in) bit holder, 2,450 impacts per minute, a maximum toruqe of 107Nm
No 2 - Makita DLX2145TJ Combi Drill and Impact Driver 18 V Kit with 2 x 5.0 Ah Batts and 1 DC18RC Charger Summary Review
- 92% Customer Satisfaction with 86% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is a combi cordless drill and impact driver option that gets great online buyer reviews
- Comes with two 5.0 Ah batteries and a charger
- Also has a kit box for easy and secure storage
- The DHP458Z drill has dust and drip-proof performance for use in outdoor applications or harsh environments. ALso has a single sleeve keyless chuck, a twin LED Job light
- The DTD152Z impact driver has an electric brake, variable speed control by trigger, forward/reverse rotation, twin LED job light
No 3 - Dewalt DCK266P2T-GB XR Combi Drill and Impact Driver Brushless Kit in TSTAK Box Summary Review
- 92% buyer satisfaction rating with 83% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is a combi hammer drill and impact driver set
- Comes with with 2 x 5.0ah Batteries and a charger making this one of their best kits
- The DCD796 compact combi hammer drill has brushless technology, is compact and lightweight ideal in confined spaces. It is 2 speed, has an all metal transmission and hammer feature
- The DCF887 XR impact driver has 3 motor speeds and torque settings, with up to 205Nm of torque, It also has Halo light ring that gives very good work piece lighting.
No 4 - Einhell 2.0 Ah Power X-Change Cordless Combi Drill and Impact Driver Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating with 84% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This set is part of the Einhell Power X-Change battery system
- The drill and impact diver use a single-sleeve 13 mm quick-change drill chuck with quick-stop
- They have an automatic spindle lock for easy tool change
- Cordless impact screwdriver TE-CI 18/1 lithium
Impact driver - for easy tightening of large/long screws
- Warranty period: 2 years
No 5 - Makita DLX2025M 18 V Li-ion LXT Combo Kit Complete with 2 x 4.0 Ah Li-ion Batteries and Charger Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating with 58% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Comes with two 4.0 Ah batteries and a charger
- Comes in a heavy duty canvas kit bag
- This kit has a DHP453Z combi drill and a DHR202Z rotary hammer drill
- The batteries have a 22 minute charge time
- The drill has a 2 speed gearbox, 16 torque settings, electronic brake and all metal construction
- The rotary hammer drill has variable speed, rotary only, hammer only and rotary hammer
Cordless Drill Combo Kit Buying Tips
- Think about which tools you really need the most. The most popular choices are a cordless drill along with a cordless impact driver, which can then share the same battery
- Other buyers may go for those two tools along with a cordless saw. - It really depends on getting the tools that you are going to make use of the most
- Cordless combo kits are always better value when they include 2 batteries and a charger. That way you can be using one battery and have the other one ready for use, or charging up.
- A kit box or a kit bag is also a great idea to store the tools, batteries and charger and have them all in one place, ideally a kit box that can be locked to preven theft.
- I would strongly recommend that you get a rapid bit holder to use with any drill for putting in screws. They are so handy once you get one you'll never be without one again!
Hopefully you have found this information on cordless drill combo kits useful. There are plenty of options to choose from here but I always try to stick to a well known brand like Milwaukee, Makita, Ryobi, Black and Decker, Dewalt or Bosch when I am buying a tool like this.