Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best crimping tools that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
If you have done any work with electrics then you have probably had to use a wire crimper many times. In precision work like this, good tools are essential as you want to be quick, precise and you don't want to be worried about not getting a good connection.
There are so many of these crimpers and kits on the market that its really hard to know whats good and whats not. Some of these will last for a lifetime and some, frankly are just rubbish. Its even hard to tell by price these days as there are many cheap tools posing as good quality,
Our reviews look at all that's out there so that you find out the pros and the cons of a tool before you actually buy it.
What is the best crimping tool in the UK?
The best crimping tool in the UK is the Preciva Crimper plier set. This crimper is Suitable for insulated and uninsulated terminals bits from 0.25 to 10 mm², comes with 1200 various bits and is easily the best value model we could find.
Best Crimping Tool by Buyer Rating
The top rated models are as follows:
Preciva Crimper Plier Set
Preciva Insulated Ratcheting Wire Terminals Crimping Tool Kit
Draper Expert 35574 Ratchet-Action Terminal Crimping Tool
Preciva Cable Ratchet Crimping Plier Kit
Crimping Tool for Insulated Electrical Connectors
Crimper Plier Set, Estmoon Self-Adjustable Ratchet Wire Crimping Tool
IWISS SN-01BM Ratchet Wire Cable Crimping Pliers Tool Summary
IWISS LY-2546B-KIT MC4 Crimping Tool Kit with Wire Cable Cutter
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Preciva Crimper Plier Set Summary Review
96% Buyer satisfaction from over 17,000+ reviews
- 96% customer satisfaction with 88% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Perfect Design and Quality Manufacture
- Ratchet Design for easy handling in tight spaces.
- Suitable for insulated and uninsulated terminals bits from 0.25 to 10 mm²
- 1200 assorted terminals in the kit
- Easily the best crimping tool we could find for value and quality
No 2 - Preciva Insulated Ratcheting Wire Terminals Crimping Tool Kit Summary Review
95% Buyer satisfaction from over 3,500+ reviews
- 95% Customer Satisfaction with 84% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- High quality Alloy steel
- Ratcheting mechanism for one handed use
- Crimping size range from AWG22-10
- 700pcs- 27 types of wire terminals connectors
- Again an excellent tool and kit, just a bit more expensive and has less connectors
No 3 - Draper Expert 35574 Ratchet-Action Terminal Crimping Tool Summary Review
94% Buyer satisfaction from over 1,000+ reviews
- 94% buyer satisfaction rating with 74% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- pvc hand grips
- carbon steel, hardened & tempered jaws
- Suitable for crimping insulated terminals as follows- red channel-0.5-1.00mm², blue channel-1.5-2.5mm² and yellow channel- 4.0-6.0mm²
- Continuous crimping at preset tension
No 4 - Preciva Cable Ratchet Crimping Plier Kit Summary Review
90% Buyer satisfaction from over 3,500+ reviews
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating with 74% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Carbon steel
- Crimping Range: AWG 22-16 0.5-1.5mm
- 600 terminal connectors
- Fully adjustable
- Good value
No 5 - Crimping Tool for Insulated Electrical Connectors Summary Review
94% Buyer satisfaction from over 3,000+ reviews
- 94% buyer satisfaction rating
- The tool has a star wheel that allows to adjust crimping height
- Clamps tightly first time every time
- Professional grade crimping die
- Works better with insulated terminals
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
No 6 - Crimper Plier Set, Estmoon Self-Adjustable Ratchet Wire Crimping Tool Summary Review
94% Buyer satisfaction from over 700+ reviews
- 94% buyer satisfaction rating
- A full wire Crimping Range - 0.08~10mm²
- Comes with 1800 pieces
- The Self-Adjustable Ratchet works really well, crimps correctly first time, every time
- It doesn't take much hand strength to use
- This is a good quality, well designed tool
No 7 - IWISS SN-01BM Ratchet Wire Cable Crimping Pliers Tool Summary Review
92% Buyer satisfaction from over 500+ reviews
- 92% buyer satisfaction rating
- Capacity for crimping is 0.08-0.5mm².
- Made of special carbon steel and the handle material is PP+TPR.
- Very easy to use and has a comfortable grip
- Suitable for PH2.0, XH2.54, KF2510, JST, Molex, Servo Connector Plug..
- Wire-electrode cutting jaw ensure a high-precise crimping result.
No 8 - DEWALT Cable Crimping Tool, Dieless Review
76% buyer satisfaction from 10+ reviews
- 76% buyer satisfaction rating
- The cable crimpting tool has 750 McM Cu / 750 Al crimping capacity for copper and aluminum cable and connectors
- The software provides detailed reports of work done
- This includes battery life successfully completed cycles, service needed, and operating temperature range
- It has guard rails help to protect the crimping head when crimping small diameter cable
- Also has an LED light, forward and reverse triggers, a shoulder strap and connection ring and a 360 degree pivoting head allows the crimper to maneuver in tight spaces
Crimping Tool Buying Tips
- Electricians will be very particular about the exact type of crimper they want to own and use
- Home owners simply need a good quality basic crimper set that allows them to be flexible for doing slightly different jobs
- You will want to buy a crimper that's easy to use, probably one handed. So you will need a ratcheted model
- You will also want a strong tool that wont break and will stand the test of time
- Make sure they will cover various different sizes of connectors
- Always go for a quality tool for this type of job as you don't want to spend time going over all your connections checking them
- You want a good solid connection first time, every time!
The bottom line is that if you are planning on doing any electrical work, then a good quality crimper set is a very sound investment.
There are plenty of cheap sets on the market, and we have seen them as low as £2-3 for a set in certain well known pound stores. Run a million miles from those as all they will do is make a straightforward job a nightmare.
The better sets will be around £30, or £20 for the tool without the connections. I can assure you that this is the minimum price you need to pay and you wont regret it.
After that it really is all about the quality of the connection and if you do 50 of them and one isn't good, you just give yourself a whole lot more work!
How to use A Crimping Tool
As well as our many tool reviews, we have also included a whole range of articles, on how to use them. This will include the many tasks that you may have to do at home. That could include putting up a shelf, drilling through tiles, drilling through concrete, laying carpet, fixing a leaking tap, and just about any other thing that you can think of.
The site is managed and run by myself Enda, an electrician by trade, and by my friend Geoff, a plumber with many years of experience. We have done house renovations, construction builds and extensions, loft and garage conversions, conservatories, fencing, path making and just about any other job in the construction and building industry.
Between us, we have a lot of experience, and we are more than happy to share that with you here.
Hopefully you have found this information on crimping tools useful. If you are not sure that this is the tool you need then have a look at our article on the Best Hand Tools for some inspiration.