Who uses a Rivet Gun?
A rivet gun can be so handy for any amount of different jobs, especially if you are working with sheet metal or tin. They are totally invaluable for working on cars, or pretty much any DIY jobs that ineed two parts fastened together. These type of guns come into their own when you are working with something that you cannot get to the back of. As rivet guns have become more popular in everyday jobs they have become cheaper and cheaper, so really there is no reason not to buy one as they can be so handy
The main problem is going to be how to know which is the best one for you. Our buyer’s guide will tell you what you need to know and give you a summary of which models are the best rivet guns on the market today.
Stanley 6MR100 MR100 Fixed Head Riveter
88% buyer satisfaction based on 250+ online buyer reviews
Obviously you will know this Stanley brand very well. They have been around for almost 200 years and are known for producing good quality tools at an afordable price. This riveter is no different
- Accepts aluminium, steel & stainless steel rivets
- 4 nose pieces & wrench all stored on the handle
- Fairly heavy duty and should belong lasting
- You don't get any rivets with this model
- Quite hard to pull, you will need both hands
This is an occassional use, type of tool for me. It works really well and there are no complaints on that side but you won't be putting in 50 rivets in one go with this model. It's hard to pull and you will need both hands, so as I said it's not going to be suitable for big projects. Still a very handy tool to have for around the house.
WORKPRO 5-in-1 Hand Riveter Set
90% buyer satisfaction based on 1,800+ online buyer reviews
If you want something thats a bit easier on the hands then his rivet gun is designed to multiple the power ratio up to 40 times, which takes the hard work totally out of any big job.
- 5 different nose pieces & 100 rivets - Contains 5 popular sizes of nosepieces, including 3/32"(2.4mm), 1/8"(3.2mm), 5/32"(4.0mm), 3/16"(4.8mm), 1/4"(6.4mm)
- Knurled hande design features tool free that enables for simple and quick changing of nosepieces manually.
- Comes with 100 rivets of 5 different sizes for a variety of riveting jobs, great for both outdoor and home projects.
- The curved handle with non-slip design allows you to operate the riveter with ease and comfort and the 10" sized body makes work easier in narrow space or hard-to-reach places
- Perfect is you have a lot to do and very keenly priced too
This is a proper rivet gun that you can use for long periods of time without a lot of effort. Considering the price I think it's a very good choice if you do a lot of riveting.
RIVET-NUT-GUN I Hand Riveter pliers set
90% buyer satisfaction based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
This is probably the best quality unit we could find that wasnt totally off the scale pricewise. They are a professional unit, have been around for years and i personally know of people who have been using the same one for over 20 years.
- Excellent screen with LED backlight
- Measures AC and DC voltage to 600V
- Measures AC and DC current to 10A (20 A overload for 30-seconds max)
- Measures resistance, continuity, frequency, and capacitance
- Provides Min/Max/Average with elapsed time to record signal fluctuations
- CAT III 600 V safety rated
A top of the range unit that's aimed at the professional for everyday use. I guess a normal homeowner won't need something of this standard but I've added it in here as some people prefer to have the best of everything.
Presch Rivet Gun - Robust Professional Riveter Rivet Gun
90% buyer satisfaction based on 250+ online buyer reviews
- Presch rivet guns are made of CrMo steel so they are built to last
- There are 4 separate mouthpieces in the sizes 2.4 mm, 3.2 mm, 4 mm and 4.8 mm
- The long lever of this duty riveter means less effort is required, though i still wouldnt be putting in 100 rivets with this gun
- The size is 26.5 x 8 x 2.7 cm and its 500g
- Definitely a great quality gun at a reasonable price
Libraton Rivet Gun, Hand Riveter
92% buyer satisfaction based on 600+ online buyer reviews
- The libraton one-hand hand rivet gun set is equipped with 4 replaceable heads that do 3/32"(2.4mm), 1/8"(3.2mm), 5/32"(4.0mm) and 3/16"(4.8mm)
- Comes with aluminum rivets pack (80 pcs totally), 4 size drill bit and portable wrench
- The pop rivet gun kit inlcudes 4 compatible HSS drill bits 3/32"(2.4mm), 1/8"(3.2mm), 5/32"(4.0mm) and 3/16"(4.8mm)
- There is a 2mm carbon steel riveter body with a electroplate nose that ensures no rust and improves durability
- The thick PVC grips provide comfort for the user, anti-slip handle make work easier and improve user's work efficiency.
A very quick video review
We have looked over all the video reviews and found this great short presentation on these meters. It gives you an instant idea of what to expect as well as telling you all the features and spec in and easy to understand format.
I hope you enjoy watching it as I always think its much better to see a tool in action rather than just reading about it or seeing pictures. This guy is particularly good at explaining the features of the drill and he is well known for demonstrating tools.
Hopefully this article has helped you to understand the prices of revit guns in the United Kingdom. The good news is that you have plenty of choices from a range of brands. There is also a wide variation in price points from as low as £20 and going all the way up to £200+