Best Magnetic Tool Holders UK Reviews
In this article we review, what we think to be the magnetic tool holders for a garage, shed or workshop. I couldn't do without one of these racks on my garage wall. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
It doesn't quite work out like that but I have all my small/medium tools in one place and I can find them in seconds. I just keep adding on to mine and it's amazing how much stuff you can actually get on to them.
There are actually loads of these for sale online and many of them are around £10. Keep away from these as they aren't worth having. They are really made for kitchen knives and won't hold much weight at all. I have detailed the best three models below and these are all fit for purpose.
What is the Best Magnetic Tool Holder for a Garage?
We found that the Best Value Magnetic Tool Holder is the RamPro 4 Heavy-Duty 12" Magnetic Tool Holder Racks. This is easily the best buy we could find, is the and out winner and is excellent value for the price.
RamPro 4 Heavy-Duty 12" Magnetic Tool Holder Racks Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 2,000+ online buyer reviews
- In this pack you get 4 Individual Bars
- 12" Length - 1" Width - ½" Height - Weighs 1 Lb.
- Holds tools weighing up to approx. 5 Lbs
- These are a Solid Steel flat frame with Black gloss finish
- They can be be connected together or mounted seperately
- These magnets are quite strong and will hold most tools
Buyers loved these magnetic racks and found they were great fro organising their tools. Most people found they were easily strong enough for any tool they wanted to hang on them and aslo were plaesed that they were so easy to install.
These are the biggest sellers online and nothing else gets a higher rating.
Nisorpa 3 Pcs 18Inch Magnetic Tool Holder Rack Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 50+ online buyer reviews
- 46 x 2.5 x 1.3 cm; 1.8 Kilograms
- This heavy-duty magnetic tool holder can hold several tools weighing up to 15KG
- You get 3 bars of alloy steel
- Can be used to organize your screw drivers, wrenches, drill bits and other tools
- It can be fastened to walls, cabinets, peg boards or where ever you need.
This model is the most expensive and that's because they have the strongest magnets. They are not lightweight and you probably won't be able to mount them on a stud wall but they are easily the best and would be my first choice, even at the price.
VonHaus Magnetic Tool Holders – 3 X 60cm / 24” Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 250+ online buyer reviews
- You get 3 x 24" bars in this kit
- The strips can be connected one to one another to create a longer strip
- They are made from solid steel and can hold individual tools up to 1.8k
- 2 year warranty included
- For very heavy tools you can put 2 together
The magnet on these is not up to the standard of the first two and really they are no cheaper than our number one choice. Pretty easy decision for me ! They still get great reviews but I cant see why you would buy them if there is something better that is also cheaper.
Best Magnetic Tool Holders UK Buying Guide
There is not too much to know about these magnetic tool racks as basically they are pretty simple. What I found to be important is as follows
- Count your tools. I know this sounds strange but it helps if you have an idea of how many hammers, screwdrivers, plier etc that you have
- Look at what weight the manufacturer say they will hold. This will give you an idea of the quality of the magnets
- Keep totally away from cheap versions of this type of holder. If it's under £20 then it's not worth having
- Some bars are covered in a plastic coating that may wear off in time. Powder coated finish is more resistant to scratches and is by far the better choice.
I hope you have enjoyed this article and will go ahead and get some of this magnetic racking, you won't regret it. Dont forget our best value choice is the RamPro 4 Heavy-Duty 12" Magnetic Tool Holder Racks.
If you need some more ideas then have a look at our article on Tool Storage Ideas for the Garage for some inspiration.