Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best post level that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
A post level is used to help erect straight posts for fences, for posts on a deck or to help align ceiling joists for rafters.
It is a form of a spirit level that finds both the level and the plumb when setting up a post. The level is made from plastic and is two-sided that forms a 90° angle.
Most of them have three vials, and the vial is the small glass part with the bubble inside. Having those makes sure the post is vertically aligned, and also aligned horizontally in either direction.
This is such a nice, simple and handy tool to use and it makes the job so much easier.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of post levels. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Silverline SL05 Post Level, 140 x 100mm
Top Rated Post Levels by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best levels are as follows:
Silverline SL05 Post Level, 140 x 100mm
Johnson Level & 175-O GloOrange Post Level
IRWIN Tools Magnetic Post Level
Swanson Tool PL001M Magnetic Post Level
Stanley Tools STA047720 Post Level
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Silverline SL05 Post Level, 140 x 100mm Summary Review
- 96% customer satisfaction with 73% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Tough, moulded plastic
- Four magnetic strips for fixing to metal posts
- 90 degrees and 180 degrees vials
- Includes a rubber band for fixing to non ferrous surfaces like wooden fence posts
No 2 - Johnson Level & 175-O GloOrange Post Level Summary Review
- 94% Customer Satisfaction
- Durable molded body
- Rugged acrylic vials read plumb and level simultaneously
- Reflective backing increases vial visibility
- Rubber strap allows hands free use quickly attaches to any post, pole or stringer
No 3 - IRWIN Tools Magnetic Post Level Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- This level has a magnetic strip and a rubber strap for convenient hands-free installation of posts, railings, pipes, and more
- Allows you to plumb and level posts, poles, pipes, railings and more
- Molded frame is durable in all conditions
No 4 - Swanson Tool PL001M Magnetic Post Level Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Strip magnets and rubber strap for hands-free work
- Constructed of high impact composite material
- This tool is used to level and plumb posts, flagpoles, water pipes, railings and decks
- Recommended for heavy duty use
No 5 - Stanley Tools STA047720 Post Level Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Supplied with heavy-duty elastic
- Folds flat for reduced risk of damage in transit and easy -to -store and portable when not in use, gives complete protection to the vials
- Colour: yellow
Post Level Buying Tips
This is another really simple and yet brilliant tool. These levels work really well and there's not that many different features to consider or differences between the models.
You will want your post level to have some kind of magnet to attach it to a metal post and if its a wooden or concrete post then you will need some way to attach to that. This usually comes in the form of a strap and some of them are elasticated or could be rubber. Best to have both methods as you could be working with different types of posts.
To find the level on 3 axis then you will obviously need three vials. Two is no use to you, though all the ones I have seen have the three.
Waterproof, hard wearing, non-rusting all point to making this tool ideal to be made in toughened plastic, so that's the only type of construction you should be looking for.
Some of the models fold and I found this quite handy but its not a deal breaker. I actually use a laser level for these types of jobs and some of them are not that expensive if you only need to use it for the odd job.
Video Guide to Using a Post Level
If a post level is not the measuring tool for you, then why not check out our information on all the measuring tools that are available by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on post levels useful. May you never have a crooked post again.