Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best spirit levels that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
These are used for a wide range of purposes and mainly by brick layers. However, there are plenty of uses for these around the home, and even if you only do the very bare minimum of DIY, you should still have some sort of level in the house
There are so many great spirit levels available that i could probably have rated the top 100! The 5 below are all excellent models, all big sellers and I would be happy to own any of them.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of spirit levels. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Stanley Shock Proof Torpedo Level 230 mm/9 inch
Top Rated Spirit Levels by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best levels are as follows:
Stanley Shock Proof Torpedo Level 230 mm/9 inch
Silverline 119688 Builders Level, 400, 600 and 1000 mm - Set of 3
STANLEY FATMAX Pro Torpedo Magnetic Level, 250mm/10'
Semlos Multipurpose Laser Level, Spirit Levels, Measuring Tape
BOSCH PLL 1 P Laser Spirit Level
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Stanley Shock Proof Torpedo Level 230 mm/9 inch Summary Review
- 96% customer satisfaction with 80% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- High impact shock proof level
- Aluminium frame and shock resistant rubber ends
- V-shaped metal groove ideal on cylindrical surfaces
- High visibility vials: Horizontal, vertical and 45 degrees
- Best selling, one of the best rated and all for under £10
No 2 - Silverline 119688 Builders Level, 400, 600 and 1000 mm - Set of 3 Summary Review
- 90% Customer Satisfaction
- Protective end caps
- Hanging holes for storage
- 45 degrees, 90 degrees and 180 degrees vials
- 50 x 20 mm box section
- Accurate to 1 mm/m
- Very good value set at this price
No 3 - STANLEY FATMAX Pro Torpedo Magnetic Level, 250mm/10' Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Solid block vials provide best-in-class accuracy 0.5mm/m
- Magnified centre vial for improved all round visibility
- Rotating vial
- V shaped metal grove for use on pipes
- Rare earth magnets which are twice as strong as basic strip magnets.
- Absolutely superb tool and again its brilliant value
No 4 - Semlos Multipurpose Laser Level, Spirit Levels, Measuring Tape Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- 3 in 1 Laser Levels - Has a tape measure, a leveling bubble and a laser level
- 3 Laser Projection Modes: Horizontal line, vertical line and cross-hair line
- 8ft measure tape that includes imperial and metric measures
- Bubble with LED Light - Vertical and two- way horizontal level bubble
- Great all round tool
No 5 - BOSCH PLL 1 P Laser Spirit Level Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Is s laser leveller as well as a spirit level
- Exact positioning of the laser due to fine adjustment on the wall holder
- Horizontal, vertical or diagonal laser lines, as well as point laser
- High-quality, bright laser diodes for particularly clearly visible laser lines and laser point
- Working range up to 5 m (laser line) and 20 m (laser point)
- Small and handy in a modern design
Spirit Level Conclusions
You have seen some top quality spirit levels here and that's putting it lightly. Each and every one we have reviewed are excellent and will do a great job for you.
There are a few rules or things you should look for when buying a spirit level. If you aren't going for one we have recommended then make sure you have the following covered.
- Get one with unbreakable vials ( where the bubble is held ). They should be magnified and luminescent also.
- Make sure it is of strong construction and is shock proof and dust proof.
- Check the sensitivity as too much either way makes them hard to use. A sensitivity rate of 10mm/m is about right for a standard spirit level
You cant go that far wrong so don't be worrying, really they are only a bubble in a holder after all!
Video Guide to Buying a Level
As well as our many tool reviews, we have also included a whole range of articles, on how to use them. This will include the many tasks that you may have to do at home. That could include putting up a shelf, drilling through tiles, drilling through concrete, laying carpet, fixing a leaking tap, and just about any other thing that you can think of.
The site is managed and run by myself Enda, an electrician by trade, and by my friend Geoff, a plumber with many years of experience. We have done house renovations, construction builds and extensions, loft and garage conversions, conservatories, fencing, path making and just about any other job in the construction and building industry.
Between us, we have a lot of experience, and we are more than happy to share that with you here.
If a spirit level is not the measuring tool for you, then why not check out our information on all the measuring tools that are available by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on spirit levels useful.