Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best spirit level sets that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
These are used for a wide range of purposes and mainly by brick layers. However, there are plenty of uses for these around the home, and even if you only do the very bare minimum of DIY, you should still have some sort of level in the house
There are so many great spirit levels sets available and I am just reviewing the top sellers today. The 5 below are all excellent models, all big sellers and i would be happy to own any of them.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of spirit levels. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Silverline 119688 Builders Level, 400, 600 and 1000 mm - Set of 3 as the best all round value at under £20.
If you are just looking for a single spirit level then these 3 are the best.
96% buyer satisfaction from 3,000+ online buyers
95% buyer satisfaction from 2,000+ online buyers
94% buyer satisfaction from 1,500+ online buyers
Top Rated Spirit Level Sets by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best levels are as follows:
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
OX Tools Set-600, 1200 & 1800mm Trade 230mm Torpedo Level Summary Review
- 92% customer satisfaction with 73% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- 3 solid acrylic UV resistant vials with an accuracy of 0.5mm/m
- Shock resistant rubber end caps
- Aluminium construction is lightweight and strong
- Quality tool, made for the professional
Silverline 119688 Builders Level, 400, 600 and 1000 mm - Set of 3 Summary Review
- 90% Customer Satisfaction
- Protective end caps
- Hanging holes for storage
- 45 degrees, 90 degrees and 180 degrees vials
- 50 x 20 mm box section
- Accurate to 1 mm/m
- Value set for home users
Stabila STB-16333 Type96-2 120cm/60cm Twin Spirit Level Pack Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Both levels feature 1 horizontal and 2 vertical Vials
- Accurate to 0.5mm/m in the normal position and 0.75mm/m in overhead position.
- Anti-slip end-caps for easier one-handed marking.
- Vials are guaranteed to remain accurate for 10 years.
- Again a quality tool that's made for professional use
Stabila 18371 R-Type 60cm Spirit Level, Yellow/Black Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Black, white and yellow
- Spirit Level 60
- Accurate to 0.5mm/m in the normal position and 1mm/m in overhead position
- All you will ever need in a level that's professional quality without being overly expensive
STACO 32039 Spirit Level Set Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- 3 pcs with 600-1,200-1,800 meters
- Comes in a handy aluminium box
- Tolerance 0.5 mm/m
- Really good quality set at a very reasonable price compared to the market leaders
Spirit Level Set Conclusions
You have seen some top quality spirit levels here and that's putting it lightly. Each and every one we have reviewed are excellent and will do a great job for you.
There are a few rules or things you should look for when buying a spirit level. If you aren't going for one we have recommended then make sure you have the following covered.
- Get one with unbreakable vials ( where the bubble is held ). They should be magnified and luminescent also.
- Make sure it is of strong construction and is shock proof and dust proof.
- Check the sensitivity as too much either way makes them hard to use. A sensitivity rate of 10mm/m is about right for a standard spirit level
You cant go that far wrong so don't be worrying, really they are only a bubble in a holder after all! I actually use a laser level for these types of jobs and some of them are not that expensive if you only need to use it for the odd job.
Video Guide to Buying a Level
Hopefully you have found this information on spirit levels useful.