Best Pruning Saw UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best pruning saws that are currently available in the United Kingdom marketplace.
As the name would suggest a pruning saw is a handy saw for pruning trees, shrubs and bushes. They do come in a few different styles such as straight, folding and also telescopic.
The type that you pick will depend on your individual gardening requirements
They are essentially a lighter version of a hand saw. The teeth points will be slightly harder than a hand saw, and slightly more spaced. That prevents the teeth from sticking as there is a lot of moist sap in trees.
Bow saws are used for cutting trees, but the pruning saw is a lot more easy to move about and allows you into tighter areas.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of pruning saws. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Model 600 Pruning Saw
I have included one telescopic model in our list as well. Its the best rated and best seller on the market and its under £30. You wont need to look any further than this brilliant Spear and Jackson Model.
Best Pruning Saw by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Model 600 Pruning Saw
Draper Expert Curved Blade Garden Saw
Davaon Pro Pruning Saw
Fiskars Curved Saw for Reaching Higher Branches
Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Telescopic Tree Pruner
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Model 600 Pruning Saw Summary Review
- 94% Customer Satisfaction
- 9.9 x 29 x 3.6 cm 160 g
- 16cm Blade
- Rust Resistant Hard-Chromed Blade
- conical Blade Shape that Cuts Without Clogging
- Replaceable Blade
- Excellent but Expensive
No 2 - Draper Expert Curved Blade Garden Saw Summary Review
- 92% Customer Satisfaction
- This is a large saw!
- 105.4 x 21.4 x 11.5 cm 500 g
- Soft-grip Curved Blade
- Tempered Large and Small Teeth
- Great on Wet Wood
- Soft Grip Is really Comfortable
- Really great value
No 3 - Purdy Monarch XL Elite Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- 25.4 x 2 x 6.4 cm 222 g
- 7-inch premium SK5 Carbon Steel Triple Cut blade
- Multi purpose
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED or 100% money back
- Best Seller as its Very Keenly Priced
No 4 - Davaon Pro Pruning Saw Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- 65 x 7 x 6 cm 313 g
- Can Attach to Telescopic Pole
- Hardened Steel Curved Blade
- Knife Hook on Handle Side
- Great for Higher to Reach Branches
No 5 - Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Telescopic Tree Pruner Summary Review
- 96% buyer satisfaction rating
- Absolute Number 1 Best Seller by Miles
- Telescopic Handle Extends up to 234 cm
- Lopper for cutting branches up to 30 mm
- 33 cm (13 inch) saw for cutting larger branches
- Total Length: 570mm
These pruning saws are useful for around the garden if you have bushes, shrubs or trees. They will cut through virtually any wood and especially good on wet wood, when most other saws tend to clog up.
We have show 5 really good pruning saws here. Each have their own pros and cons, though most people tend to but these on price, so its o surprise that the cheapest one we reviewed is the best seller. Not that that's a problem as its really good value. its nearly a third of the price of our best rated one so its great value.
If you are cutting any higher branches then the telescopic model is absolutely brilliant, especially as its on offer at the minute.
Hopefully you have found this information on pruning saws useful.