Best Rolling Workshops UK Reviews
In this article we review, what we think to be the best rolling workshops for a garage, shed or workshop. These are very handy for keeping your tools in one place and being able to bring them with you to wherever you need them.
That sounds really simple but having everything you need to hand makes any job just that bit easier.
What is the Best Rolling Workshop for a garage?
We found that the best rolling workshop is the STANLEY FATMAX Rolling Workshop Toolbox. This is easily the best quality we could find and would be the out and out winner if it wasn't for the price. I have marked it as second in my rankings as its a lot more expensive than the rest.
For me the best value is the WrightFits Essential Mobile Toolbox
WrightFits Essential Mobile Toolbox Review
96% buyer satisfaction based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
- 65 x 40 x 35 cm; 4.5 Kilograms
- Comes with a strong polycarbonate lid and removable tote tray
- Large rugged plastic tool box with good strong rubber coated wheels
- Sturdy metal latches to keep your tools secure
- Great telescopic steel handles with soft grip
- Ideal for storing fasteners tool, Hammers, screws, nails, bolts, screw drivers, Wrench, brushes and any other tools really
This is one of the biggest sellers and is the best rated, rolling workshop that we can find. Thousands have bought it and it gets very nearly perfect reviews. I can see the reasons why so many people are buying it at this price. It does exactly what you want and it's cheap.
STANLEY FATMAX Rolling Workshop Toolbox Review
90% buyer satisfaction based on 100+ online buyer reviews
- 56.8 x 89.3 x 38.9 cm; 2.6 Kilograms
- This is a great system and is easily my favourite
- It is a 4-layer tool trolley with two drawers, a storage compartment and a tool box
- The drawers have ball-bearing rails for strength and come with removable inserts for any small parts
- The storage compartment is ideal for larger tools
- It can be loaded up to 50 kg
- Can be securely locked with a
- Comes with 12 months warranty if used properly
This is great, simple as that ! You can tell I really liked this model and it's very easy to see why. It is just perfect as a rolling workshop and has been designed to do exactly that. Everything just works well and the quality is great.
I have read a few complaints about the handle breaking but unless you massively overload it you won't have any trouble.
STANLEY Mobile Work Centre Toolbox Review
94% buyer satisfaction based on 5,000+ online buyer reviews
- 47 x 29.7 x 62 cm; 4.31 Kilograms
- This Work centre separates into two units
- Extra large tool box with removable tote tray
- Giant lower bin for storage of bulky items
- Front draw with carousel design for small parts
- The box has a metal front and side latches for heavy duty usage
- Telescopic handle for easy manoeuvrability
- 88lb load capacity
- Heavy-duty, road-tested wheels
This mobile work centre fits easily into your car or van. What’s more, it can carry loads of up to 88 lb/40 kg in weight, making it ideal for light-duty storage.
The handle has a telescopic design making it easy to transport and manoeuvre. The mobile work centre also features heavy-duty, road-tested wheels and robust metal latches which enhance the work centre’s durability and longevity.
STANLEY Pro Rolling Toolbox Chest with Heavy Duty Metal Latch Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 500+ online buyer reviews
- 38.51 x 61.29 x 42.01 cm; 1 Kilograms
- 24” Level storage
- Extra large rubber coated wheels
- Full size tote tray
- Large space capacity box with top lid organizers for hand tools and small parts
- Transparent high impact polycarbonate organizers’ lid
- Wide telescopic steel handle coated with rubber
- Good wide work surface with saw-groove
This is another really big seller with over 500 reviews and I guess that's down to the value again. It is excellent quality at this price and buyers seem to love it. The box is really well built and I have seen reviews were buyers had one for 10 years and was still going strong.
DURHAND 3-Tier Tool Trolley Cart Storage Shelf Roller Cabinet DIY Box Garage Workshop with Drawer Review
90% buyer satisfaction based on 150+ online buyer reviews
- 71.5 x 36 x 20 cm; 16.5 Kilograms
- 3-tier storage unit with a sliding drawer for storing and organising tool accessories.
- Side handle and 4 wheels with a brake for easy movement and stable stop
- Tool hanging rack and board for screwdriver, wrench and etc.
- Durable steel construction for superior resistance to scratches and corrosion
- Weight Capacity: 60kg
I have gone in a slightly different direction here but this is a great unit and I thought I would add it in. The tool trolley comes complete with 3-tier trays and a sliding drawer for storing all of your tools and keeping them organised.
You get spacious storage space for garage essentials and other tiny accessories. There are four rolling wheels for easy movement and I can assure you that once you get one of these in your garage, you will use it for every job.
Best Rolling Workshops Buying Guide
There is not too much to know about these rolling workshops as basically they are pretty simple. What I found to be important is as follows
- Size matters so make sure you think about what tools you are going to store in this tools box and get a big enough one to do you
- Portabilty is very important. Are you going to use this only in your garage or will it be something that you want to take to jobs with you
- Strength will be key if you are taking the box out with you so look at what type of handle the box has and even more importantly you need to check what weight can be carried.
I hope you have enjoyed this article and will go ahead and get one of these rolling workshops, you won't regret it.
If you would like to find out more then have a look at our full article on Tool and Garage Storage Ideas for a bit of inspiration.