Best Tape Reel UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best tape reels that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
These open reel style tapes are perfect for doing some long measurements. They don't have a spring or a housing, so you wont get any dirt or dust causing them to jam up and unlike the smaller metal tapes, the fiber tapes will never get a fold in it or break when you step on it. Also you could be measuring up to 100m with this type of tape so the big crank winds in really quickly.
This is not something that you would really use very often but at under £10 for the best seller they are cheap and extremely handy to have. Also they not easily damaged and should last a lifetime.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of tape reels. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Silverline MT46 Open Reel Surveyors Tape Measure 50m. This is my favourite and its under £10.
Best Tape Reel by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Silverline MT46 Open Reel Surveyors Tape Measure 50m
S&R Tape Measure Open Reel Surveyors Fibreglass 20 m
Silverline MT45 Open Reel Surveyors Tape Measure 30m
OX Open Reel Fibreglass Measuring Tape
AmazonBasics Open Reel Fiberglass Tape Measure
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Silverline MT46 Open Reel Surveyors Tape Measure 50m Summary Review
- 94% customer satisfaction with 74% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- 50m length Impact-resistant ABS body
- Stainless steel end hooks & claw
- Clear metric & imperial graduations
- Water, scratch & crease-resistant PVC-coated blade
- Ground spike for fixed measuring point
- 30m and 100m versions available
No 2 - S&R Tape Measure Open Reel Surveyors Fibreglass 20 m Summary Review
- 94% Customer Satisfaction
- 20m Tape marked both sides
- ABRASION RESISTANT Fiberglass tape, 13 mm tape width
- High-quality and ergonomically shaped housing made of high-impact ABS plastic
- STAINLESS STEEL RING at the front measuring tape
- Comfortable and stable handling
- 50m version is available
No 3 - Silverline MT45 Open Reel Surveyors Tape Measure 30m Summary Review
No 5 - AmazonBasics Open Reel Fiberglass Tape Measure Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- 30m Open reel tape with both inch and metric scales
- Non-stretch, wear-resistant, vinyl-coated fiberglass tape (2.5/5- cm wide) for reliable strength and flexibility
- Versatile end hook helps ensure easy connections; shock-absorbing rubber handle offers a secure, comfortable hold
- Impact-resistant shell
Tape Reel Buying Tips
These tapes are really simple so there's not many things to look out for. I would ask you to consider the following when you are buying a reel tape and you wont go wrong
1. Make sure the tape is long enough for what you might need, now and in the future
2. Get a tape with metric and imperial units on it and make sure its printed on both sides
3. The simpler the better so don't go for anything that looks over complicated. You don't need it and it will only add to the price
4. Its handy if you can fix one of both ends of the tape to something. So look for a spike on the tape holder and a hook at the end of the tape.
5. Don't spend too much. £10 is plenty or up to £20 if you need 100m model
Using a Tape Reel
If the tape reel isn't the right tool for you, then have a look at our other measuring tools by clicking on this link.
Hopefully you have found this information on tape reels useful.