Best Tool Bag for Maintenance Man UK Reviews
In this article we review, what we think to be the best tool bags for maintenance men, that are currently available in the UK market. There are many different types to choose from. They can cost anything between £10-40 and the average cost for a good one is about £20-25.
The main purpose of a tool bag, is that you can quickly throw a lot of tools into it, and be able to find them as and when you need them. If you are doing a lot of maintainance then it's very hard to know what you are going to need and you have to carry a full range of different tools.
It's likely it could be plumbing and electrical or just general repairs so these bags are very handy for a range of different tools.
What is the best tool bag for maintenance men?
We found that the best tool bag is the Stanley Fatmax Open Tote Bag, as this one is the out and out best seller, gets great buyer reviews and is very reasonable priced
This is a great 18" tool bag, has a tough waterproof bottom, dual zip opening, a rubber grip handle, heavy duty shoulder strap and has 6 external and 5 internal pockets.
Stanley Fatmax Open Tote Bag Review
96% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews
- This tool bag is made from a tough denier fabric
- Measures 25 x 48 x 35 cm and weighs empty 1 Kg
- It has a heavy duty steel handle with a solid rubber grip
- The bottom of the tool bag is made from a waterproof plastic
- Has a saw storage pocket, and steel holder for a measuring tape
- Has internal tool loops, a drill bit holder, and covered compartments
WORKPRO 18-Inch Tool Bag Organiser Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 1600+ online buyer reviews
- Measures 45 X 26.5 X 20cm
- It has a wide open mouth and smooth zipper for easy access to the tools inside
- It also has a waterproof bottom
- This bag has a large interior compartment and multiple pockets can easily store tools & accessories
- It has a non-slip handle and also an adjustable shoulder strap
- IT can hold up to 18 Kg in weight
Stanley FMST1-71180 FatMax Open Mouth Rigid Tool Bag Review
94% buyer satisfaction based on 1400+ online buyer reviews
- It has multiple internal and external pockets
- 18" tool bag - Made from a 600 denier fabric which is tough wearing and durable
- Measures 50 x 29 x 30 cm and weighs 2 Kg
- A hard base protects the bag from moisture and dirt.
- Padded shoulder strap and carrying handles
- When this bag is unzipped, both sides of the cover pull back to create an "open mouth". This allows for easy access to the contents.
Stanley 193330 12-inch Toolbag Review
94% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews
- Another great value toolbag
- This is a compact tool bag
- Measures 15.2 x 20.8 x 36 cm and weighs 0.58 Kg
- Rubber foamed bottom
- 2 exterior pockets and 8 interior pockets
- Mesh external pocket
- Made from a tough wearing denier
Wolf Heavy Duty Strong Tool Bag Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 6000+ online buyer reviews
- This is a real bargain of a tool bag
- The tool bag is made from heavy duty water resistant polyester
- Measures 35 x 20 x 20 cm and weighs 3 Kg
- Has carrying handles and a shoulder strap
- Uses a zipper to close
- 6 external pouches, 6 internal and 2 external pockets
Tool Bag Buying Guide
As you can see these tool bags are all pretty similar in price and their functionality. Essentially they hold tools, and as they are quick and easy to open, you can find your tools pretty quickly.
Some of these will have dividers, and some will have sections where you can store smaller items. The intent of these is that you can keep the tools you use the most, and easily transport them around from job to job.
I have a couple of these. In one I store my electrician tools like screwdrivers, pliers, cutters a meter, tape, fuses etc. In the other bag I keep some spanners and a socket set, along with drill bits.
These are all made from a tough wearing fabric. They are all hard wearing and will last for a very long time. The bottom of these bags are almost always reinforced with plastic. That helps protect the tools and contents inside, and also keeps the bags waterproof.
Who Needs a Tool Bag?
Most people who are in a trade will more than likely own at least one of these bags. That is especially true if they move about from job to job. Many technicians. electricians and computer engineers will have on of these as standard.
Many homeowners will also have one of these, and again especially if they don't own a tool box. These are a good option for people in that position.
If you are still not sure you can always check out our full review on the best tool bags, which lays out the top ten models that are avaialable.