In this article we review, what we think to be the Tool Holder Shelves for a garage, shed or workshop. I couldn't do without one of these shelves on my garage wall. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
It doesn't quite work out like that but I have all my small tools in one place and I can find them in seconds. This is definitely well worth getting, you wil never look back. I just keep adding on to mine and it's amazing how much stuff you can actually get on to them.
What is the Best Tool Holder Shelf for a Garage?
We found that the Tool Holder Shelf is the STARK Strong Tool Holder Shelf. This is easily the best quality we could find is the out and out winner. Simple, strong and you can get lots of tools on it.
STARK Strong Tool Holder Shelf for Tool Storage Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 1,100+ online buyer reviews
- 61 x 16 x 6 cm; 300 Grams
- This is a strong plastic model that can be loaded up to 25 kg
- Very simple tool shelf that works remarkably well
- Plenty of holes of various sizes and plenty of hooks for hanging tools like spanners
- There are 6 robust support ribs underneath to give it the extra strength you need
As far as I am concerned, this is the best value you can get. It's a standard size, comes with loads of hooks and accessories and is also one of the cheapest. Definitely worth the money and it's amazing to me how much stuff you can get on this shelf.
BiGDUG Garage Wall Tool Rack Storage Kit Tools Organizer Review
82% buyer satisfaction based on 1,800+ online buyer reviews
- 50 x 1.8 x 50 cm; 2.53 Kilograms
- Combined wall rack and shelf offers great value
- Made from from polypropylene plastic
- Comes with 2x Pegwall Panels; 1x Tool Shelf; 50x Assorted Tool Hooks
- Perfect for any garage or workshop
- Buyers all loved it
Surely this is the bargain of the year. It's no wonder this is such a big seller. You cant't compare the wall rack to the metal ones ( it's plastic obviously! ) but its absolutely brilliant for any hand tools ans well worth this low price.
CASOMAN 4 pcs Screwdriver Organizer and Wrench Organizer Review
86% buyer satisfaction based on 1,500+ online buyer reviews
- 35.5 x 9 x 4.5 cm; 0.4 Grams
- These racks are perfect for screwdrivers, spanners, extensions, ratchets, pliers
- So simple but brilliant
- Includes 2 pcs screwdriver rails with 13pcs red clips and 13pcs blue clips and 2 pcs wrench rails with 26pcs black clips
- You definitely need one of these racks
This is a big seller and I can easily see why. The concept is so simple but it works perfectly. You can set up all your tools, smallest to the left, largest to the right and you can find what you are looking for in seconds. No more rummaging about in tool boxes for me!
NZACE Adjustable Storage System 64 Inch Review
81% buyer satisfaction based on 150+ online buyer reviews
- This is built for larger tools such as rakes, brooms, garden tools etc
- Comes as 4x ABS rails 430(413)x120x40mm that can be linked together
- You get 16pcs galvanized steel hooks and 20pcs ABS pegs
- Buyers loved that this was a very strong construction and extremely versatile
This is a very handy organiser for your larger tools. Again it is a very simple design, it's just a rail with hooks but it does a great job tidying up all those awkward larger tools that are normally crammed into a corner. Well worth the money.
Sunix Storage Racks Organizer Tool Review
92% buyer satisfaction based on 150+ online buyer reviews
- 74 x 9.5 x 5.5 cm; 2.74 Kilograms
- Another rack for larger tools but a slightly different concept
- Comes with flexible hooks that can be positione individually
- Will hold 8 items unless you buy more hooks but I think 8 is about right
- The hooks are strong and will hold 18kg ( 40lb ) each
- Easy to fit
Buyers loved the flexible design of this shelf. If a tool is large then you can leave plenty of room to the next hook. The whole unit is very strong and you can put most of your heaviest gardening tools here without worrying that it will break.
Best Tool Holder Shelves Buying Guide
There is not too much to know about these tool shelves as basically they are pretty simple. What I found to be important is as follows
- Go for 20 gauge steeel thats powder coated. It will be strong enough, won't bend or warp and is very unlikely to rust
- Count your tools. I know this sounds strange but it helps if you have an idea of how many hammers, screwdrivers, plier etc that you have so that you can get the amount and type of "pegs" that you need
- Have a good look at what "pegs" are available ( if applicable ) as there are several different types that will suit various tools
As well as our many tool reviews, we have also included a whole range of articles, on how to use them. This will include the many tasks that you may have to do at home. That could include putting up a shelf, drilling through tiles, drilling through concrete, laying carpet, fixing a leaking tap, and just about any other thing that you can think of.
The site is managed and run by myself Enda, an electrician by trade, and by my friend Geoff, a plumber with many years of experience. We have done house renovations, construction builds and extensions, loft and garage conversions, conservatories, fencing, path making and just about any other job in the construction and building industry.
Between us, we have a lot of experience, and we are more than happy to share that with you here.
I hope you have enjoyed this article and will go ahead and get one of these shelves, you won't regret it. Dont forget our best value choice is the STARK Strong Tool Holder Shelf.
If you need more information you might want to check out our article on Tool & Garage Storage Ideas which has a host of ideas on how to store your tools.