Thanks for taking your time to read our review on the Black+ Decker 10.8 V Cordless Drill Driver
This is a 10.8 Volt cordless drill that comes with a battery and charger.
This one has a metal keyless chuck, is variable speed, 10 torque settings and comes with one double ended bit. It also has a handy useful LED light.
Doing our research we found about 200 online buyer reviews for this compact drill. Overall they have given this a 90% buyer satisfaction rating, which is very good.
Buyers generally speaking, said this was nice lightweight dill, that was good value for money, and was handy for doing jobs around the home including assembling flat packs.
Just below you will find a more detailed review of this popular compact cordless drill from the Black and Decker brand.
Who Would Buy the Black + Decker 10.8V?
This is a lightweight compact cordless drill that is ideal for jobs around the house such as flat pack furniture assembly, hanging shelves, pictures, curtains or blinds.
It isn't a good choice for any type of masonry drilling as it doesn't have a hammer feature. We would also not recommend this for any type of heavier drilling or driving. This model is designed to help with most simpler jobs around the home, and is not a work horse.
Many buyers like the Black + Decker brand and they do make great drills. This is one with the smallest battery available and that does make it light and easier to use than most cordless drills.
If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to read the rest of this detailed review, then you check the availability of this Black + Decker Drill by clicking here.
How Buyers Rate this Cordless Drill?
- Overall this compact drill has an online buyer satisfaction rating of 90%
- 75% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 4% of all buyers gave this product a poor rating
The above ratings are based on over 200 online reviews from various tool websites, at the time when we did our research.
What Buyers Say About this Drill/Driver
We have shown below a Pros & Cons table on what online buyers said about this product, after they had bought and used it.
Black + Decker 10.8v Drill Driver Specification
- Measures 23.6 x 7.4 x 20.5 cm
- Weight 1.32 Kg
- 1 LR44 10v 1.5Ah battery required. (included)
- 11 position clutch for precision control
- Keyless chuck for quick and easy bit changes
- LED work light for dark places
- Drilling capacity in wood up to 25 mm and in metal up to 8 mm
- Forward and renerse gears
- Variable speed 0 – 550 rpm
- Compact sized drill
Video Review of the B&D 10.8 Volt
We searched around and found this very good video which you may find worth the watch.
Our Verdict on the Black+ Decker 10.8V Cordless Drill Driver
- If you can pick this one up for under £65, then we think it is really good value for money
- Just remember this is a basic drill and designed to do the basic simple jobs around the house
- Don't buy this to do big projects, or to drill in long screws, because it will not work for that.
- This is good for putting up shelves, flat pack furniture building and that type of work
- It is not suitable for drilling walls or masonry
We understand that this drill/driver does not have a lot of features. It has been designed by the manufacturer to be able to do basic work, and remain compact, lightweight and very easy to use. That is what it does.
Some buyers bought this to work on bigger projects like building stud walls, putting up fences or help with making a wooden shed. For that type of work where you will be driving in larger sized screws, you need an 18 Volt drill, with high torque.
One like the Bosch PSB 1800 will be required for work like that. You can click on our link above to look at the top 10 cordless drills page to find drills for that type of work.
Here at Tool Advice we have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this Black + Decker 10.8V Cordless Drill Driver, if you want an affordable basic drill/driver.
If this is not the model for you then have a look at our review on the Best Cordless Drills for some more information. https://tooladvice.co.uk/best-black-decker-cordless-drills/