Bosch PSB 1800 Cordless Drill UK Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our review on the Bosch PSB 1800 cordless drill. The model number is 06039A3371
With a buyer satisfaction rating of 95% from over 6,000 online buyers, those two facts show that this one sells very well, and buyers rate it highly. This is the biggest selling cordless drill/driver on the UK market right now.
When we did our top 10 list of cordless drill/drivers, this PSB 1800 came out as our number one choice. I would say this is definitely the best cordless drill for decking or fencing.
This is an 18 Volt cordless drill that comes with 2 batteries, a 1-hour charger and a carrying case. It can drill into wood, metal and concrete.
It has a keyless chuck, LED work light, 2-speed gearbox and 20 torque settings.
Buyers loved the long battery life, the fact that is comes with 2 batteries and a charger, and was amazing value for money.
Just below you will find a more detailed review of this popular and best selling cordless drill
Table of Contents
Who Would Buy the Bosch PSB 1800?
This is in our opinion he best in class on the market right now. Anyone who wants to own a high quality cordless drill and driver, should give this model some serious consideration. There are drill/drivers twice the price of this PSB 1800, but they are not as good as this one.
It is just a great all rounder as it can drill most materials including masonry, it's powerful and yet really easy to use. You get all you need with this kit, and the second battery is very useful.
Many buyers like the Bosch brand and they do make great drills.
If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to read the rest of this detailed review, then you check the availability of this Bosch PSB 1800 by clicking here.
How Buyers Rate this Cordless Drill?
- Overall this impact driver has an online buyer satisfaction rating of 95%
- 84% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 2% of all buyers gave this product a poor rating
The above ratings are based on over 6,000 online reviews from various tool websites, at the time when we did our research. It is always reassuring to see such a low percentage of poo reviews.
What Buyers Say About this Drill/Driver
We have shown below a Pros & Cons table on what online buyers said about this product, after they had bought and used it.
Bosch PSB 1800 Specification
- Measures 10 x 38.4 x 34.2 cm
- Weighs 1.3 kg with the battery attached
- 18 Volt cordless drill
- Comes with 2 batteries (1.5 Ah Lithium-Ion) and a 1 hour charger (AL 2215 CV)
- The batteries can be used with other DIY and garden tools in the Bosch 18 volt system range
- No load speed 1st Gear (0-400 rpm), 2nd gear (0-1350 rpm)
- It has 20 torque settings plus a drill and impact drill setting (maximum torque of 38 newton metres)
- When switched to hammer function the rate is 20.250 bpm
- It has a keyless chuck (10 mm) with Bosch Auto-Lock – for the fastest and easiest bit changes
- 2 speed gearbox
- Also has built in the Bosch Electronic Cell Protection (ECP) – protects the battery against overload, overheating and deep discharge
- Has an integrated LED light for optimum illumination of dark work areas
- Also has a 3-stage charge level indicator
- Comes in a hard plastic carrying case
Just below we have included some really useful drilling/driving data
Screw diameter up to
Drilling diameter in wood
Drilling diameter in steel
Drilling diameter in masonry
Video Review of the Bosch PSB 1800
We searched around and found this very good video which you may find worth the watch.
Our Verdict on the Bosch PSB 1800 Cordless Drill
“We have reviewed lots of drills - this Bosch PSB 1800 has been our number one recommendation for a long time.”
- We think that whether you want to use this for screwdriving, drilling or impact drilling – this one gets the job done really well
- We like its 2-speed planetary gearbox, its light weight and the endurance of its 18 volt lithium-ion battery
- It is not often we can say this, but we don't really have any complaints about this drill/driver, except for the very odd moan about the hammer function - although this one has a hammer feature, it isn't designed for heavy duty masonry drilling.
.Even the best cordless drills struggle with heavy duty masonry jobs. For those you really do need a proper hammer drill with a high bump per minute rate. This model does a good enough job as long as you are not trying to drill a long or deep hole.
Getting through a brick or block is no problem, but going through really hard masonry will be tough.
This one came out as the number one choice on our top 10 list of cordless drill/drivers. However, if this Bosch one isn't for you, then you can check that list by clicking here.
You can use this Bosch PSB 1800 to fit shelves, hooks or cupboards on walls or ceilings. It can also handle large screwdriving jobs, such as building a garden shed, a decking or a carport.
You get a 2 year warranty on this, and we would recommend extending that, as this drill should last you for a few years.
The Bosch Brand
Bosch make two range of tools, one for the professional trade and one for general home use. The Bosch professional tools are a blue colour and the home style products are a green colour.
Generally speaking their trade tools are more expensive, but they are designed for both heavier use and for being more durable.
Every one of the Bosch Group’s business sectors has a presence in the UK. Bosch employs approx.5,000 associates across roughly 40 sites.
In 2019, Bosch generated revenues in the UK of £3.2 billion. The region is the second largest European market for Bosch after Germany and fourth largest in the world.
Here at Tool Advice we have little hesitation whatsoever in recommending this Bosch PSB 1800 cordless drill