Makita XTP02Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1-3/8″ Pin Nailer Review
Thanks for taking your time to read our review on the Makita XTP02Z 18V LXT cordless nail gun.
With a buyer satisfaction rating of 82% from over 4,000 online buyers, it shows that this one sells pretty well, and buyers rate it highly.
This model will drive in up to 5,300 nails per charge and it's quite a different set up from many other nail guns as it doesn't use air to drive the nails.
Just below you will find a more detailed review of this popular pin nailer.
Who Would Buy this Makita Nail Gun?
This can be used for a variety of nailing tasks around the home and garden. Buyers use this to make fencing, build garden sheds, working on doors and roofs and some even use it for decking.
Mainly it is used by builders, but useful to own one, if you plan on doing a range of DIY tasks around your home.
If you are in a hurry, and don't have time to read the rest of this detailed review, then you check the availability of this Makita XTP02Z 18V LXT at Amazon UK, by clicking here.
How Buyers Rate this Framing Nailer?
- Overall this impact driver has an online buyer satisfaction rating of 82%
- 63% of all online buyers gave this a full 5 star rating
- 15% of all buyers gave this product a poor rating
The above ratings are based on over 400 online reviews from various tool websites, at the time when we did our research.
What Buyers Say About this Nail Gun
We have shown below a Pros & Cons table on what online buyers said about this product, after they had bought and used it.
Specification at a Glance
- Measures 8.61 x 29.01 x 23.39 cm; 2.04 Kilograms
- Refined firing mechanism reduces recoil; reduces force required on the work surface when driving pin nails
- Drives 6 different lengths, 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 1", 1-3/16" and 1-3/8", of 23 gauge pin nails (tool does not work with 1-1/4" Pin nails)
- Magazine capacity up to 120 pin nails
- Anti-dry Fire mechanism engineered to prevent driving blanks and damage to work surface
- "Tool-less" Depth adjustment for precise flush and Countersink finish
- Cordless for increased convenience; eliminates the need for a compressor and air hose
Video Review of the Makita Nail Gun
We searched around and found this very good video which you may find worth the watch.
Our Verdict on the Makita Framing Nailer
- This nail gun worked very well for the majority of buyers
- The battery life is emense as you can put in over 5,000 nails with one charge
- The battery is compatible with all the Makita "star" range
- The unit is light and very easy to use
- It's quite expensive but you always expect that with a quality tool from Makita
Here at Tool Advice we have little hesitation whatsoever in recommending this Makita cordless framing nailer.
The Makita Brand
The Makita brand sell a wide range of cordless tools and tools for the construction and demolition industries. They also sell some garden machinery. They sell their tools through various stores in the UK including B&Q, Screwfix, Cromwell, Jewson, Buildbase, Bradfords, Wickes and more.
Their HQ is in Japan. Their Telford manufacturing plant is the only full-production facility for power tools in the UK and has been successfully running construction on many of our top line cordless power tools since 1991.
Makita believe that for a good tool you need a good motor, and Makita makes every effort to make sure our motors are of the best quality.
They use premium grade steel to produce armature shafts and gears, and only steel of the highest grade is used.
They also complete quality control tests on each and every, machine that leaves their manufacturing plants.