Best Height Gauge UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best height gauges that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
Height and depth gauges can often be combined together. Many of these include a magnet on the standing feet so as they hold to metallic surfaces.
These are commonly used by woodworkers to help set the height of saw blades. The digital versions are powered by a small battery. These are very precise gauges and clearly designed to measure the heights of objects.
They consist of a sliding carriage with a moving stylus or scribe that is mounted to a vertical axis beam or column that contains a measuring scale.
You can check out our top 5 just below where we have completed summary reviews.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of height gauges. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the
Best Height Gauge by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best gauges are as follows:
Mitutoyo 570-244 Absolute Digimatic Height Gage with Linear Encoder
Metrica 45050 Precision height gauge 0-300mm
Machine DRO ME-HG-1000 Digital Scribing Height Gauge n/a 1000mm (40 inch)
Mitutoyo MT192-630-10 GAUGE HEIGHT DIGIMATIC
HFS (R) 3'' (76mm) Mini Digital Height Gauge
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Mitutoyo 570-244 Absolute Digimatic Height Gage with Linear Encoder Summary Review
- 97% buyer satisfaction rating with 85% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is in their Series 570, 0"-8"/0 mm-200 mm range
- It comes with a carbide-tipped scriber
- Also has an SPC data output
- LCD, 6-digit display
- This encoder eliminates the necessity of setting the reference point at every power on
- Has a fine adjustment carriage for smooth movement.
No 2 - 32 Metrica 45050 Precision height gauge 0-300mm Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with65% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is a precision graduated height gauge
- It is made of hardened stainless steel
- Has a chromium plated scale
- Micrometric screw
- Carbide scriber
- It is well made and accurate
No 3 - Machine DRO ME-HG-1000 Digital Scribing Height Gauge n/a 1000mm (40 inch) Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating with 80% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is a 1000mm (40 inch) range n/a Digital scribing height gauge
- 0.01mm (0.0005inch) resolution. +/-0.030mm (+/-0.001inch. ) accuracy
- Conforms to Factory/Manufacturers Standard
- Has a hardened stainless steel column and cast iron base
No 4 - Mitutoyo MT192-630-10 GAUGE HEIGHT DIGIMATIC Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating with 62% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Uses an LCD digital readout that displays sharp figures for viewing ease
- Uses an electronic microprocessor that provides the ability to preset up to two reference heights at any position
- The output port transmits results to a Mitutoyo miniprocessor or computer through an interface cable for statistical process control (SPC).
- The scriber is carbide-tipped for hardness and to help prolong life
- Uses a dual-column beam to provide stability
- Has a hand-operated feed wheel that raises and lowers the gauge on the beam
No 5 - HFS (R) 3'' (76mm) Mini Digital Height Gauge Summary Review
- 80% buyer satisfaction rating with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is an affordable digital depth ruler, that displays fractions or millimeters in inches
- To use this one you lay it flat to fix the fence on the blade or drill. Use the plunger attachment to measure the depth of the hole and groove.
- It can switch between ABS (preset) and INC (zero) measurement modes
- It is a good choice for measuring the height of router bits and saw blades, or measuring for placement of a dado with greater accuracy
Video Guide to Using a Height Gauge
We found this very useful video on how to use a height gauge. It is worth a watch if you have the time.
If a height gauge is not the measuring tool for you, then why not check out our information on the variety of measuring tools that are available by clicking here. You will also find some related information on gauges just below.
Hopefully you have found this information on the best height gauge measuring tools useful.