Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best hole gauges that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
These hole gauges are used with an outside micrometer to measure the inside diameter of bores and holes. We have shown a typical set below which consists of 4-13 mm hole gauges.
They are very similar to bore gauges.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of hole gauges. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the
Best Hole Gauge by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best gauges are as follows:
HSEAMALL Precision Telescopic Gauge,8-150 mm Internal T Bore Hole Gauge Set,
HFS (R) 6 Pc Precision Telescoping Gage Set 5/16'' - 6'' Range T-Bore Hole Gauges
Mitutoyo 154-902 Small Hole Gauge Set
Silverline 675092 Telescopic Gauge 8-150 mm
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
UKCOCO 4pcs 3-13mm Small Hole Gauge Set Summary Review
- 94% buyer satisfaction rating with 70% of all buyers giving these a full 5 star review
- These are used with an outside micrometer for measuring inside diameter of bores.
- They are extra long for gauging deep and shallow holes, slots and similar work pieces.
- The surface is fully hardened to insure long tool life.
- There are 4 sizes of gages supplied in a fitted case.
- The spherical measuring faces are hardened, and the tool adjustment shaft has a satin chrome finish
HSEAMALL Precision Telescopic Gauge,8-150 mm Internal T Bore Hole Gauge Set Summary Review
- 92% customer satisfaction with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- These are very easy to adjust for accurate measurement
- The handles are rigidly attached to the contact plungers and are automatically self-centering
- They use a double action rigid handle with self centering feature for quick checking of holes, slots and recess up to 6" deep
- 6pcs gauge set : 5/16" - 6" (8mm - 150mm): 8-12.7, 12.7-19, 19-32, 32-54, 54-90 and 90-150mm gauges
HFS (R) 6 Pc Precision Telescoping Gage Set 5/16'' - 6'' Range T-Bore Hole Gauges Summary Review
- 88% Customer Satisfaction with 65% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- They are made of carbon steel with chrome plating on the surface
- Range: 5/16" - 6" (8mm to 150mm),6PCS in total(1 gage: 5/16 - 1/2" range x 4.20" overall; 1 gage: 1/2 - 3/4" range x 4.40" overall; 1 gage: 3/4 - 1-1/4" range x 4.40" overall; 1 gage: 1-1/4 - 2-1/8" range x 5.85" overall; 1 gage: 2-1/8 - 3-1/2" range x 5.85" overall; 1 gage: 3-1/2 - 6" range x 5.85"
Mitutoyo 154-902 Small Hole Gauge Set Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- These are designed to be locked in position (with knurled lockscrew) and the diameter measured across the two lobes with a micrometer after withdrawal from the hole
- They have a knurled finish that provides secure handling and easy locking.
- These are the perfect choice for the home machinist
Silverline 675092 Telescopic Gauge 8-150 mm Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- These are made of chrome-plated steel
- They accurately measure bore diameters
- They have automatically self centering plunges
- They also have spring loaded cylinders
- They come in a useful storage wallet
- They are very affordable
Hole Gauge Buying Tips
Once again we are seriously tempted to tell you to buy the cheapest type of hole gauge you can possibly find.
However there are some differences in quality and really the range of price is so small that you might as well buy something decent that will last. This type of tool tends to lie in the bottom of a tool box, but when you need it, it has to work and not be rusted away and useless.
Also the lighter ones have a habit of not being strong enough, they kink if you try to get them into too tight a spot and really this wrecks the whole set for you.
The most popular model is the HFS selection. There are over 500 online buyers for these and have a solid 88% satisfaction rate and under £15.
Video Guide to Using a Hole Gauge
If a hole gauge is not the measuring tool for you, then why not check out our information on all the measuring tools that are available by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on the best hole gauge measuring tools useful.