Best Thread Gauge UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best thread gauges that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
Thread gauges are also known as screw gauges or pitch gauges. As those names would suggest they are used to measure the pitch or lead of a screw thread.
They are essentially used as a reference tool that will determine the pitch of the thread on a screw or a tapped hole.
Thread plug gauges are used to check tolerances of threaded parts according to a certain specification.
Below you can check out our top 5 list with summary buyer reviews.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of thread gauges. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the OriGlam Screw Thread Pitch Cutting Gauge Tool
Best Thread Gauge by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best gauges are as follows:
OriGlam Screw Thread Pitch Cutting Gauge Tool
ysister Thread Gauges
Silverline 282420 Screw Pitch
52Pcs Stainless Steel Thread Measuring Gauge
OTINO 4Pcs Screw Thread Gauges
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - OriGlam Screw Thread Pitch Cutting Gauge ToolSummary Review
- 89% buyer satisfaction rating with 69% of all buyers giving these a 5 star review
- This is a screw thread pitch cutting gauge tool set
- Metric (mm) - 60° Whitworth - 55°
- These are most commonly used to check the thread size determination is correct
- Very useful for checking a tool angle while cutting threads in metal turning lathes
- The angles on this thread cutting tool is checked on the V slots in the gauge.
No 2 - ysister Thread Gauges Screw Thread Pitch Cutting Gauge Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 80% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This is a stainless steel thread measuring gauge and like most of these is useful for checking tool angle while cutting threads in metal turning lathes
- It is very well made and abrasion resistant
- It uses a rotary switch, which can be freely adjusted
- Each gauge is clearly marked for convenient and easy reading.
No 3 - Silverline 282420 Screw Pitch Gauge Metric
- These gauges also have a very strong 90% Customer Satisfaction
- They come in sizes 0.4 to 6mm
- 20 leaves
- These are of course used to determine internal and external thread forms
- Handy set if you are working on old machinery or in a garage
No 4 - 52Pcs Stainless Steel Thread Measuring Gauge Summary Review
- These have a pretty amazing online buyer satisfaction rating of 95% buyer satisfaction
- Normally we would place these higher but they are new to the market so will check again when there are more online reviews
- They have a magnetic head
- Measuring range: 0.25 - 6.00mm/0.0098" - 0.23"
- Uses a rotary switch, which can be freely adjusted
- Made of premium stainless steel material
No 5 - OTINO 4Pcs Screw Thread Gauges Summary Review
- 85% buyer satisfaction rating
- Comes with a screw pitch gauge 55 & 60°with lock device 52 blades 2 x Center gauge 60° 1 x Center gauge 55°
- Metric total of 24 tablets, according to the number of pitches per piece, said pitch 0.25-6mm, pitch count is 0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4/0.45/0.5/0.6/0.7/0.75/0.8/0.9/1.0/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0/5.5/6.00
- Inch total of 28 tablets, each in accordance with the number of teeth per inch to represent the number of teeth 4-62, particularly as the number of teeth:
Thread Gauge Buying Tips
From the reviews that we have been through, and that was a lot, the first 4 sets are in and around the same price, and overall they all get excellent results.
The good news is that these are not expensive and they do last for a long time.
Video Guide to Using a Thread Gauge
If a thread gauge is not the measuring tool for you, then why not check out our information on all the measuring tools that are available by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on the best thread gauge measuring tools for measuring and mechanical work useful.