Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best air sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
Electric sanders are much more popular than these air sanders, so you might ask why go with an air sander rather instead of an electrical one? Well, an air sander can be a good bit cheaper than buying a similar spec electrical one, as there is no motor involved. This also makes them a lot lighter and if you are sanding vertically or above their head a lot, then weight is important.
If you are a professional or even semi-pro and already have an air compressor with reasonable capacity, then its an easy decision. Air tools are cheaper, lighter and less likely to wear out.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of air sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the SPTA 25mm/50mm/80mm mini air angle sander set
Best Air Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
SPTA 25mm/50mm/80mm mini air angle sander set
Dyna-living 2 Inch & 3 Inch Mini Orbital Sander
Draper Storm Force 50mm Mini Air Sander
Clarke CAT160 Professional 6" Dual Action Random Orbital Palm Sander
Silverline 580430 Air Sander and Polisher, 150 mm
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - SPTA 25mm/50mm/80mm mini air angle sander set Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Robust, lightweight aluminum housing, small size, low weight, low vibration, easy one-hand operation
- Integrated speed control, low vibrations, no eddy current, No-load speed: 15000rpm, Air consumption: 4cfm
- Weight: about 700g.
- Suitable for bodywork, furniture, metal products and other components used for rough grinding, semi-finishing, grinding, grooving and cutting.
No 2 - Dyna-living 2 Inch & 3 Inch Mini Orbital SanderSummary Review
- 86% Customer Satisfaction
- Powerful mini air grinder with two sanding discs (2 inch and 3 inches).
- Small Size, Light Weight, Low vibration,
- High stability, low vibration rate and low energy consumption ,15000Rpm, long service life.
- Suitable for metal products for removing solder joints and rust spots, furniture and wood products for removing burrs, mold making, model cleaning industry, car tyres, etc.
No 3 - Draper Storm Force 50mm Mini Air Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Draper Storm Force, low noise, low vibration air sander
- Each air-sander is fitted with a high speed mechanism that ensures greater stock removal, rotating air inlet
- Hook and loop adhesive pads and fitted with a high-tech variable speed control lever
No 4 - Clarke CAT160 Professional 6" Dual Action Random Orbital Palm Sander Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Ruggedised construction for increased durability Adjustable speed control
- Operating pressure 6.2bar (90PSI)
- Max Speed 10000rpm
- Average no load air consumption 4.5cfm Air consumption on load (at 6.2bar) 14.8cfm
- Suitable for 150mm diameter hook and loop sanding discs Includes dust extraction hose and bag
No 5 - Silverline 580430 Air Sander and Polisher, 150 mm Summary Review
- 80% buyer satisfaction rating
- Dual action orbital sander
- This is our budget model
- 150mm diameter self-adhesive pad ( so doesn't take velcro discs )
- No load speed 10,000min-1.
- Air consumption 113L/min (4cfm)
Air Sander Buying Tips
- Always check how much airflow these tools use and make sure your compressor is up to the job.
- I always go for dust extraction of some sort, preferably a connection to a vacuum.
- Keep away from stick on discs unless you only intend to use the sander very occasionally. They are not good!
- Weight is important, so if you have two models that you like then i would go for the cheapest one.
- Always buy quality. I look for a 2 year warranty minimum. You can see our number one rated choice comes with a lifetime warranty. This is rare but definitely makes a big difference when choosing a tool, especially when its so well priced.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
Electric versus Air Sander
Hopefully you have found this information on air sanders useful. If you are not sure that this is the type of sander for you then check back to our Types of Electric Sanders article for some more ideas.