Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best mouse detail sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
I hate sanding by hand and I would always try to get a power sander on to any of these type of jobs if at all possible. This handy little sander is really useful for most DIY tasks around the home.
They are called slightly different names. Some people refer to them as palm sanders as they comfortably fit into the palm of your hand. Other people call them mouse sanders because of their mouse like shape.
Some people call them detail sanders as they are very good for getting into awkward areas and corners.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of mouse shaped detail sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander
Best Palm Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander
Meterk Random 125W Mouse Orbital Sander
Bosch PSM 100 A Multi-Sander
Ryobi R18PS-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Corner Palm Sander
Einhell RT-OS 13 Multi Sander
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander Summary Review
- 94% customer satisfaction with 74% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Complete kit, all you will need
- Compact design gets you closer to the work surface for greater control
- Removable tips allowing other profile tips to be added for greater versatility
- Quick fit sanding paper for faster sanding action and easier paper fitment
- Ideal for paint, varnish, cleaning glass, removing rust and sanding in tight spaces
No 2 - Michark Random Orbit Sander Summary Review
- 90% Customer Satisfaction
- Compact sander with 13500RPM and 1.0A of power, great for sanding, polishing small areas and paint repair.
- Dust extraction. Strong suction and higher dust absorption rate, making the grinding work clean
- With 16pcs sandpaper(8pcs 80Grits & 8pcs 180Grits) With self-adhesive disc design which is not my favourite thing!
- Dustproof switch can be locked after activated or closed to reduced the hand control.
No 3 - Bosch PSM 100 A Multi-Sander Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Bosch Microfilter System
- Two-piece sanding plate. Vibration emission value ah 6.5 m/s²
- Velcro-type fastening system
- Compact and lightweight
- Versatile and easy to use
No 4 - Ryobi R18PS-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Corner Palm Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Ideal for light to medium weight applications such as fine finishing and paint removal
- 1.8mm orbital sanding motion
- Compact design
- Triangular pad design for sanding up to the edge in tight corners
No 5 - Einhell RT-OS 13 Multi Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Grinding disc with velcro fastening
- Soft handle
- Cable clip
- 6x Sanding paper (3x P 120; 3x P 240)
- Dust extraction adaptor and collection box
Palm Mouse Sander Buying Tips
These sanders are a small and light tool so i would totally avoid any cheap model or any name you have never heard of. Stick to a well known name and any thing under £30 is not worth having.
Apart from buying something of quality, the number one consideration with these Palm sanders is the accessories. They are specialized sizes and can easily be specific only to the individual tool. So, again, buying a recognised name will mean that the sanding pads will always be available. I would go one step further and always buy a model that takes totally standard pads that you can buy anywhere. This means they are always easy to get and cheaper.
In the 5 models i have picked here, there is seriously very little difference in quality and performance so don't be fooled to buying the most expensive, though if you are going to be using it a lot, pick one from the top 4.
The Black and Decker is a brilliant starter kit if you want to take the easy choice!
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use a Palm Sander
As well as our many tool reviews, we have also included a whole range of articles, on how to use them. This will include the many tasks that you may have to do at home. That could include putting up a shelf, drilling through tiles, drilling through concrete, laying carpet, fixing a leaking tap, and just about any other thing that you can think of.
The site is managed and run by myself Enda, an electrician by trade, and by my friend Geoff, a plumber with many years of experience. We have done house renovations, construction builds and extensions, loft and garage conversions, conservatories, fencing, path making and just about any other job in the construction and building industry.
Between us, we have a lot of experience, and we are more than happy to share that with you here.
Hopefully you have found this information on palm mouse detail sanders useful. If you are still not sure if one of these is right for you then check out our reviews on the Best Multi Sanders as one of these may be better suited to your needs. There are also many sander attachmets for your drill if your dont want to spend the money on a new tool. You can find out more at our article on the Best Drill sander Attachment.