Best Power Sander UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best power sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
This type of sander is really for someone who just wants to get the sanding job done quickly. These are belt driven, and yet because of the size of the belt, are very good at detailed and finishing sanding jobs.
Power files, as they are also known, are a really versatile tool although they look a bit strange at first glance. Their slim design gets into the tightest places and they have enough power so shift almost anything. Most have variable speeds and this is essential as they can very easily strip too much, too quickly.
I never had one of these sanders, but i have now!
Just below you will see our top 5 list of power sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the BLACK+DECKER KA900E power sander
Best Power Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
BLACK+DECKER KA900E power sander
Evolution Power Tools Precision File Sander, 400 W
Makita 9032/2 Filing Sander, 240 V
Silverstorm 247820 - 260W 13mm Power Belt File
VISLONE Mini DIY Belt Sander Portable Sander
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - BLACK+DECKER KA900E power sander Summary Review
- 94% customer satisfaction with 74% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Powerful 350 W motor for optimal stock removal. Just be careful when you start, its powerful!
- Variable speed for optimal control and finish when sanding
- Comes with excellent dust collection system
- Screw operated belt tracking
No 2 - Evolution Power Tools Precision File Sander, 400 W Summary Review
- 92% Customer Satisfaction
- Adjustable sanding arm for comfort (120 degree)
- Variable speed provides optimum control (300-1700 rpm)
- Slim-line design, lightweight and portable
- Three sanding belts included so you will need to buy a few more
- 2 years limited warranty
No 3 - Makita 9032/2 Filing Sander, 240 V Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- For use on both wood and steel
- Built for the professional and priced that way too!
- Variable speed control
- Constant speed under load
- Adjustable sanding arm pivots up to 100 degrees
- Belt size 9mm x 533mm
- Double insulation
This is a top quality tool, absolutely top class. Its on offer at the minute and its still really expensive so don't pay full price for it, its good but its not worth the full price.
No 4 - Silverstorm 247820 - 260W 13mm Power Belt File Summary Review
- 90% buyer satisfaction rating
- Variable speed
- Adjustable file arm angle & narrow sanding belt
- Quick belt tensioning system
- This is by far the best seller and it will do much the same as all the rest but at a budget of £40. Worth a look
No 5 - VISLONE Mini DIY Belt Sander Portable Sander Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Easy to install belts
- Slide switch with lock on with lightweight aluminum body.
- 6 levels variable speed control.
- Exchangeable working heads with function of sander and grinder.Head swivels 180 degrees up and down.
- Cheap cheap cheap. A good tool to have for very occasional use
Power Sander Buying Tips
- Go for a model with plenty of power
- Its very handy if they are adjustable to different angles
- Dust extraction is a must
- Make sure they take standard sized belts
- Variable speed feature will make this tool much more pleasant to use. I wouldn't buy one without it
Be careful with this tool. its so easy to wreck what you are sanding so when you get it i would test it on some scrap material to start.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
The Best Seller in Action
Hopefully you have found this information on power sanders useful.