Best Disc Sander UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best disc sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
I hate sanding by hand and I would always try to get a power sander on to any of these type of jobs if at all possible. A disc sander is a machine for sanding that has a round disc, though many come with with a belt sander.
This is quite handy actually as it is a two in one tool, you can see in the picture below.There are handheld models available but we will just be reviewing the bench top ones today.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of disc sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Holzmann Tsm250 230v Disc sander
Best Disc Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Clarke CS4-6D Woodwork Carpenters 4" x 6" Belt DISC and Sander
Holzmann Tsm250 230v Disc sander
Silverstorm 972660 - 350W Bench-Mounted 390mm Belt & 150mm Disc Sander
VonHaus Benchtop Belt & Disc Sander
Ferm Bench Sander – 350W – 150mm
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Clarke CS4-6D Woodwork Carpenters 4" x 6" Belt DISC and Sander Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- 370 Watts, 230V motor, (LWH): 447 x 363 x 255mm. Weight: 18.65kg
- 4" x 36" (100 x 914mm) belt tilts & locks at any angle from 0 to 90°. Belt runs at 450 m/min
- 6" (150mm) diameter disc rotates at 2850 rpm
- Supplied with removable sanding table (225 x 160mm) for use with either sanding belt or disc
No 2 - Holzmann Tsm250 230v Disc sander Summary Review
- 88% Customer Satisfaction
- Motor data: Motor power S1 in W: 550. Min-1 axis speed: 1450. Voltage: 230V / 50Hz
- Dimensions: Table dimensions mm: 290x140. Suction jacks mm: Ø35
- Sanding: Abrasive disc diameter mm: Ø254
- Net weight kg: 11
- Gross weight kg: 12
No 3 - Silverstorm 972660 - 350W Bench-Mounted 390mm Belt & 150mm Disc Sander Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Dual position multi-angle 390 x 125 mm table with mitre guide
- Belt sander surface can be tilted 0 - 90 degrees
- Long-life induction motor with sealed bearings
- 390 mm length belt sander and 150 mm diameter sanding disc
- Sealed, dustproof switches
No 4 - VonHaus Benchtop Belt & Disc Sander Summary Review
- 84% buyer satisfaction rating
- Cast iron base for stability
- 100 x 915mm sanding belt; 150mm sanding disc
- Integrated dust port (60mm Diameter) you will be able to keep a cleaner work area while improving sanding efficiency.
- Comes with a removable sanding table for use with either the sanding belt or disc.
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
No 5 - Ferm Bench Sander – 350W – 150mm Summary Review
- 80% buyer satisfaction rating
- Thanks to the adjustable sanding belt position, it is flexible to use
- Thanks to the adjustable, multifunctional workbench, you can work comfortably and precisely
- The rubber feet offer good stability
- Dust-free switch for extra-long life span
- 2 angle vacuum cleaner connections that can be connected without any problems
Disc Sander Buying Tips
These are really a specialized tool for accurate sanding so the technical specifications are important. The main features are the engine power and disc rotation speed is the second important criterion. The higher the rotation speed is, the more items you can sand.
The power of the engine and the rotation speed also must be well balanced. Only if the tool is well-balanced your sander will perform as expected. It is also better to have a larger disk or a wider belt in the table sander. A manual sander should have a smaller disk instead. Otherwise, it might be hard to handle.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use a Disc Sander
Hopefully you have found this information on disc sanders useful.