Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best disc sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
I hate sanding by hand and I would always try to get a power sander on to any of these type of jobs if at all possible. A disc sander is a machine for sanding that has a round disc, though many come with with a belt sander.
This is quite handy actually as it is a two in one tool, you can see in the picture below.There are handheld models available but we will just be reviewing the bench top ones today.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of disc sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Sealey SM914 Belt/Disc Sander
Best Disc Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Sealey SM914 Belt/Disc Sander
Proxxon TG 125/E Disc Sander
Clarke Belt/DISC Sander 1"X 30" Belt 5" DISC
Bench Belt Disc Sander Heavy Duty Adjustable Electric Mitre
Lumberjack BD370 4" 370W Combination Belt & Disc Sander
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Sealey SM914 Belt/Disc Sander, 915mm x 100mm Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- 56.8 x 31.8 x 27.8 cm; 18.08 Kilograms
- Bench mounting semi-portable belt and disc sander
- Belt Size(s): 100mm x 915mm
- Belt Speed: 440m/min
- Disc: 150mm
- Disc Speed: 2850rpm
- Table Size: 225mm x 160mm
No 2 - Proxxon TG 125/E Disc Sander Summary Review
- 88% Customer Satisfaction
- Sanding disc diameter: 12.5 cm
- Dimensions: 30 x 14 x 16 centimetres
- No-load speed (min): 1150 RPM
- No-load speed (max): 3600 RPM
- Belt speed (min): 250 m/min
- Belt speed (max): 800 m/min
No 3 - Clarke Belt/DISC Sander 1"X 30" Belt 5" DISC Summary Review
- 92% buyer satisfaction rating
- Size: 25.4mm (1”) x 762mm belt & 125mm (5”) dia. disc
- Wattage: 250W
- Voltage: 230V
- Sanding belt and disc tables tilt and lock from 0° - 45°
- Robust construction provides excellent stability while minimising vibration
No 4 - Bench Belt Disc Sander Heavy Duty Adjustable Electric Mitre Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- 51 x 36 x 33 centimetres
- Motor: 230V 375W.
- No-load Speed: 2950rpm.
- Belt Size: 100 x 914mm.
- Disc Diameter.: 150mm.
- Table Size: 190 x 125mm.
- Table Tilting Range: 0-45°.
- Belt Tilting Range: 0-90°.
No 5 - Lumberjack BD370 4" 370W Combination Belt & Disc Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- 4 inch x 36 inch Belt and Disc Sander
- Powerful 370W Induction Motor
- Large Belt Tracking Knob
- Integrated Dust Port
- Tool-Free Belt Changing
- Dust-protected sealed switch and rubber-coated mounting feet
- Suitable for general sanding of various materials including metal, wood and plastic
Disc Sander Buying Tips
These are really a specialized tool for accurate sanding so the technical specifications are important. The main features are the engine power and disc rotation speed is the second important criterion. The higher the rotation speed is, the more items you can sand.
The power of the engine and the rotation speed also must be well balanced. Only if the tool is well-balanced your sander will perform as expected. It is also better to have a larger disk or a wider belt in the table sander. A manual sander should have a smaller disk instead. Otherwise, it might be hard to handle.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use a Disc Sander
Hopefully you have found this information on disc sanders useful. If you are not sure that this is the type of sander for you then check back to our Types of Electric Sanders article for some more ideas.