Best Belt Sander UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best belt sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
We all know that sanding can be a lot of hard work for very little reward. Belt sanders were designed to take a bit of that elbow grease out of a job. They are a pretty straightforward tool but a great idea.
In their most simple form, they are really just a loop of sandpaper that's driven round in a circle by an electric motor. While that sounds very basic, it works extremely well for all types of woodworking.
I would day that this tool has saved me hours, if not days, of time over the years. Though they can easily take off too much material so just be careful with this type of tool. You cant "un-sand" !
Just below you will see our top 5 list of belt sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander
Best Belt Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander
Black + Decker KA88GB Belt Sander, 720W
Makita 9404/2 Belt Sander 240V
Einhell TC-BC 8038 800 W Belt Sander
Belt Sander TACKLIFE 600W
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Bosch PBS 75 A Belt Sander Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 76% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Fitted with the Bosch microfilter dust extraction system
- Automatic belt tensioning system makes changing the belt quick and easy
- Manual belt alignment is not required as the belt is automatically held in the correct work position while sanding
- Can also be used for stationary work. Robust housing – high quality and stability due to aluminium components
- Compact design, improved manageability and handling of the tool
No 2 - Black + Decker KA88GB Belt Sander, 720W Summary Review
- 88% Customer Satisfaction
- Black + Decker belt sander that makes light work of sanding jobs
- Sander allows you get a close finish without scuffing skirting boards
- The handle can be adjusted into three different positions to give you ultimate control
- Effortlessly set and maintain the belt in the operating position you want.
- Cyclonic action dust canister to collect any loose dust
No 3 - Makita 9404/2 Belt Sander 240V Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Variable speed control
- High power for stock removal
- Flat top for inverted applications
- Long cable for sanding runs
- Belt Size 100 x 610 mm
- Ampere - 8.8
- Long 16.4 ft. power cord for easier maneuverability
- Low noise (84dB) for operator comfort
- Dust bag
No 4 - Einhell TC-BC 8038 800 W Belt Sander Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Designed for easy and quick sanding belt change
- Exact belt position with precision adjustment
- Dust extraction system and dust bag
- Includes 1 sanding belt
- Excellent value at this price
- 2 year warranty and full after sales service
No 5 - Belt Sander TACKLIFE 600W Summary Review
- 84% buyer satisfaction rating
- Can easily be turned over to work as a bench sander
- 13Pcs Sanding Belts. Comes with 6pcs 120 grit and 7pcs 80 grit aluminum oxide sanding belts
- Variable-speed, 6 dial settings allows speeds from zero up to 560 rpm
- High Performance Dust Collection System with two adapters
Belt Sander Buying Tips
Belt sanders are really designed for sanding large, flat areas and can be used for so many different jobs. They are perfect for doors,floors, furniture and so much more. They can also be used for removing paint or just tidying up and old wood.
Motor size, or power, is a major consideration when buying a tool like this. Actually power and speed work hand in hand, together to produce the best sander. The larger the motor and faster the speed, the more effective the sander will be.
I also tend to look if there is an auto-tracking belt system to keep the belt straight, this saves you having to keep stopping to realign the belt if it keeps slipping. .
Always go for variable speed motor and look for a soft start option. This provides a lot more control and ensures you don’t cause any damage or take too much material off. A one speed sander may be ok for a large job on a flat area but it really limits this type of sanders usefulness.
Dust extractor is an essential feature of a belt sander, as a lot of dust is produced and normally you will be sanding inside a house or in your workshop. There is the option of a dust bag but the best solution is to connect to a vacuum cleaner as this will hold a lot more than the small bags.
Finally you might find it handy to get a belt sander that can be fixed upside down to a workbench. This is not an option I use but it can be useful.
How to use a Belt Sander
Hopefully you have found this information on belt sanders useful.