Best Cordless Sander UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best cordless sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
Sanders are of course a very useful tool to own, but one annoying thing about most sanders is the trailing electrical lead. It can get in the way all too often, and it can also get caught up and pull against the sander.
One way around that is to own a cordless sander. Most of the leading tool brands will have a cordless version of their sanders. We have shown the Makita model in the image below as an example.
It is worth knowing that most brands sell cordless sanders as "body only." That means they are sold without a battery or a charger. If you happen to already own a cordless tool such as a drill/driver with a particular brand, then you just need to check that the battery is compatible.
If you don't own one of these, then you will either have to buy a compatible battery and charger and that can get expensive. In the longer term it does make sense if you prefer cordless tools as you can then buy body only tools at a more cost effective price.
We have included a Bosch model on our list which does come with a battery and charger.
Best Cordless Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows and are based on online customer satisfaction ratings:
Makita DBO180Z Cordless Random Orbit Sander
Dewalt DCW210N-XJ 18V XR BL Cordless Sander
Bosch EasySander 12 Cordless Multi-Sander
Einhell TE-OS 18/1 Li Solo Power X-Change Cordless Multi Sander
Ryobi R18PS-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Corner Palm Sander
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these cordless sanders, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Makita DBO180Z Cordless Random Orbit Sander Summary Review
- 97% customer satisfaction with 89% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- No doubt that this is the best cordless sander on the market but it will need a battery and charger if you don't own another compatible Makita cordless tool
- 3 speeds with 14000/19000/22000 sanding strokes per minute
- Hook and loop fastening
No 2 - Dewalt DCW210N-XJ 18V XR BL Cordless Sander Summary Review
- 96% Customer Satisfaction with 88% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Brushless motor
- Low vibration
- Has a dust skirt which helps a lot with reducing sawdust
- Has an electronic brake
- Oscillating Speed: 8, 000-12, 000/min
- 6 mm Sanding Pad Size
- No Battery or Charger supplied.
No 3 - Bosch EasySander 12 Cordless Multi-Sander Summary Review
- 94% buyer satisfaction rating with 79% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This Bosch model does come with a battery and charger
- This sander is lightweight, compact and powerful
- Has a Bosch power automatic systems for optimum power
- Uses a Velcro-type sanding sheet system for quick fastening
- Comes with a dust extraction port
- Low vibrations
No 4 - Einhell TE-OS 18/1 Li Solo Power X-Change Cordless Multi Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- This one is suitable for the Einhell power x-change battery system
- Please note this does not come with a battery and charger
- It does have a dust box and dust extraction port
- Comes with 6 sanding paper sheets for wood
- Uses a hook and loop fastening for quick change of abrasive paper
No 5 - Ryobi R18PS-0 18V ONE+ Cordless Corner Palm Sander Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating with 65% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- A good choice if you own any of the One+ range of Ryobi tools
- Ideal for light to medium weight sanding such as fine finishing and paint removal
- Has a 1.8mm orbital sanding motion
- Use a triangular pad design for sanding up to the edge in tight corners
Cordless Sander Buying Tips
- It really is all about the quality of the battery in terms of how long it will last and how long it will take to charge
- If you already own a cordless tool, then check the brand name, and also check if the battery that tool uses is compatible with their cordless sander options
- We would recommend owning two batteries and a charger if you plan on using a cordless sander for a bigger amount of work
- Cordless sanders are very handy on sites where there is no electrical power
The bottom line is that if you are planning on using a cordless sander with wood, then a good quality cordless sander will be a very sound investment.
There are some cheaper options on the market, and our strong advice is to only buy one of these if you plan on doing just one or two jobs. They are not made to last and they will end up frustrating you.
Investing in a brand like Dewalt, Makita or Bosch will give you a good sander that will last for years.
Most of these cordless sanders will use sanding pads. These come in different grades and the table below will help guide you, depending on the fineness of sanding you need to do. Most users will start with a coarse sanding and then apply a finer finishing sanding grade.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use a Cordless Sander
We have included below a video of the Maikta cordless model so as you can see one in action.
Hopefully you have found this information on cordless sanders useful.