Best Depth Gauge Measuring Tool UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best depth gauge measuring tools that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
They are used along with routers, router tables and saw benches for checking, transferring, setting up, marking, and measuring heights, depths, and back sets.
Their job is for for determining the height of objects or for the marking of items to be worked on.These digital gauges are able to perform a wide range of measuring tasks quickly and reliably, and are indispensable in metalworking and also woodworking.
They can also help in setting cutter depth on router tables and low profile for back fence adjustment
Most of them have both metric and imperial measurements.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of depth gauges. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Proster Digital Depth Gauge 80mm/3.14in
Best Depth Gauge by Buyer Rating
The top 5 best gauges are as follows:
Proster Digital Depth Gauge 80mm/3.14in
Trend GAUGE/D60 Digital Depth 60mm
Proster Digital Depth Gauge And 8 Inch Digital Angle Finder Protractor Set
KATSU Large Screen Digital Depth Gauge
Perfk Digital Height Gauge Depth Gauge (50mm,80mm)
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Proster Digital Depth Gauge 80mm/3.14in Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 55% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- Measuring Range at 0-80mm/3.14in (0-3 1/8 inch)
- Accuracy: 0.10mm / 0.004 inch (<100mm).
- Magnetic holder
- Large LCD Screen with Battery included.
- Can Be Used to Measure Absolute Value and Increased Value.
No 2 - Trend GAUGE/D60 Digital Depth 60mm
- 88% Customer Satisfaction
- Maximum measuring range of 80mm
- Accurate to 0.1mm with readout in 0.05mm increments
- Magnetic feet
- Pointer stores on one of the legs and can be clipped to the ruler to accurately check any holes, mortices or slots up to 50.8mm deep
No 3 - Proster Digital Depth Gauge And 8 Inch Digital Angle Finder Protractor Set Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Accuracy ±0.3°; Resolution 0.05°; Relative and absolute angle measurement
- Comes with stainless steel ruler, angle sensor, measuring angle and length
- Angle ruler allows full 360-degrees to measure inside and outside
- Magnetic Stand
- Measuring Range at 0-80mm/3.14in (0-3 1/8 inch) with Resolution at 0.05mm/0.002 inch (1/32 inch)
No 4 - KATSU Large Screen Digital Depth Gauge Summary Review
- 84% buyer satisfaction rating
- Large screen horizontal and vertical measuring
- For hand routers, router tables and table saws
- Measurement range is 0-3.2" (0-83mm) Accuracy to 0.001"
- Switches between ABS (preset) and INC (zeroset) measurement modes
- Locking screw keeps the rule from sliding
No 5 - Perfk Digital Height Gauge Depth Gauge (50mm,80mm) Summary Review
- 80% buyer satisfaction rating
- Switchable metric and inch units.
- The built-in magnets on the bottom.
- And also can be used to measure the depth of 50mm.
- It can be used to set saw and router bit height as well as set the distance from a router fence to the bit.
- Large LCD for easy reading.
Best Depth Gauge Buying Tips
- Measuring range can vary vastly across different models of this type of gauge. Most are around 6" and this will do for the majority of jobs but they can be anywhere between 3 and 24 inches. Just think what you will be using it for and if you need bigger than 6 inches
- The display is an important part of this tool. It should measure in imperial and metric and you may find it handy if it can do imperial increments as fractions.
- Accuracy is also very important and i would recommend you get a model that goes to 0.1 of a mm. This will be sufficient for 99% of jobs.
As you have probably noticed, I have only included digital gauges here and that's because they are so cheap now that I cant see why an old fashioned, analogue model should be considered.
Video Guide to Using a Depth Gauge
If a folding rule is not the measuring tool for you, then why not check out our information on all the measuring tools that are available by clicking here.
Hopefully you have found this information on the best depth gauge measuring tools for woodworking useful.