Best Random Orbital Sander UK Reviews
Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best random orbit sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace. These are the most popular choice of power sander used in modern day woodworking.
They are extremely easy to set up, easy to use and because they have a random action they do not leave any type of swirls in the wood. Those are the main reasons for their huge popularity.
These sanders use custom sized sanding discs that are attached to the base of the sander using a "hook and loop" connection which works very well. Each disc has a number of holes in the bottom that line up with the dust holes on the base of the sander.
That allows for very effective dust removal, which is important to have.
You can buy a random orbital sander as either an electrical corded product or as a cordless option.
In a Hurry?
Just below you will see our top 5 list of random orbit sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the Makita DBO180Z Random Orbit Sander.
Best Random Orbital Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Makita DBO180Z Cordless Body Only Cordless 18 V Li-ion Random Orbit Sander
Ryobi ROS300 Random Orbit Sander
Bosch PEX 220 A Random Orbit Sander
VonHaus 430W 125mm Random Orbit Sander
DEWALT DEWDWE6423 Random Orbital Sander
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Makita DBO180Z Cordless 18 V Random Orbit Sander Summary Review
96% buyer satisfaction rating based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
- This is a cordless sander that use an 18V Makita battery
- Electronic push button switch with 3-speed settings. 7000/9500/11000 orbits per minute
- 14000/19000/22000 sanding strokes per minute
- Connectable to dust extractor.
- Battery not included
- Hook and Loop paper fastening.
- Vibration(Sanding): 2.5 m/sec²
No 2 - Ryobi ROS300 Random Orbit Sander Summary Review
96% buyer satisfaction rating based on 300+ online buyer reviews
- 94% Customer Satisfaction
- Compact Palm grip handle for added comfort
- Cyclonic dust collection system. Runtime up to 45min with RB18L50 5.0Ah battery
- Livetool indicator glows blue when tool is powered
- Large 2.4mm Orbit diameter for efficient stock removal
- Battery not included
No 3 - Bosch PEX 220 A Random Orbit Sander Summary Review
92% buyer satisfaction rating based on 1,200+ online buyer reviews
- This is an electrical corded sander
- It has a powerful 220 W motor that ensures a high performance
- The sanding plate uses a velcro-type fastening
- Sound power level 80 dB(A), uncertainty K= 3 dB
- Bosch micro-filter system
- Sanding pad diameter: 125 mm
- Orbital stroke rate: 24.000 opm
- Built-in dust extraction
No 4 - VonHaus 430W 125mm Random Orbit Sander Summary Review
- 88% buyer satisfaction rating
- Powerful 430W motor w ith variable speed dial - adjustable between 6000 - 13000 rpm
- Extra-large sanding 125mm sanding surface with 8 hole hook and loop backed base pad
- Long 2 metre power cable
- Dust extraction port with dust collection bag. Includes 3 Polishing pads and 9 Sanding pads
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
No 5 - DEWALT DEWDWE6423 Random Orbital Sander Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- DWE6423 125mm Random Orbit Sander 280 Watt 240 Volt
- Orbits per minute is 8,000 to 12,000 Parameter Message (OPM)
- Built in dust extraction
- Can connect to vacuum
- Only comes with 1 sanding disc
- Long 4m lead
Random Orbital Sander Buying Tips
- Any good sander should have a sealed electrical switch to help keep the dust out
- Dust collection is very important and ideally your sander should come with a dust bag, or at least a port that can be attached to a vacuum cleaner
- We also believe variable speed is important as it allows you full control over the sanding - you may pay a little extra for that, but it is worth every penny
- We also like to have a trigger lock as that saves having to constantly hold in the trigger when sanding large areas
The bottom line is that if you are planning on working with wood, then a good quality sander is an excellent investment as it will be a huge time saver.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use a Random Orbital Sander
If in Doubt?
If you still haven't made your mind up yet, then don't forget our recommendation which is the Makita DBO180Z Random Orbit Sander.
Hopefully you have found this information on orbital sanders useful. If you are not sure that this is the type of sander for you then check back to our Types of Electric Sanders article for some more ideas.