Thanks for taking your time to read our reviews on the best telescopic pole drywall sanders that are currently available on the United Kingdom marketplace.
A drywall sander is used to prepare walls for decorating.
Whether its drywall or plaster, you want to leave the finished walls looking as good and as smooth as possible. Patches, joins, and nail marks all need to be taken care of before and the wall must be perfect before any paint can be applied.
That’s when you will use a drywall sander.You may still need to use a detail sander to get into tight edges and corners, but an electric drywall sander will do the bulk of the flat walls in a very short space of time.
If you were trying to do this by hand it would take hours, it wouldn't be totally flat and you would be completely fed up by the end of it. So if you want to save yourself a lot of trouble, get yourself a drywall sander.
Just below you will see our top 5 list of pole drywall sanders. However, we also know you are busy, so if you don't have time to read our full review, we would highly recommend the
Einhell Drywall Sander TC-DW 225
Best Pole Drywall Sander by Buyer Rating
The top 5 are as follows:
Einhell Drywall Sander TC-DW 225
VonHaus 750W Long Handle Drywall Sander with 210mm Pad
TACKLIFE Automatic Vacuum Efficient 95% 800W Drywall Sander Long Handle
Orion Motor Tech Drywall Sander Swivel Head Adjustable Speed 850W
Automatic Vacuum Efficient 95% 800W Drywall Sander
Just below, we have also completed some summary reviews on each of these, so as you can see which is the best option for you.
No 1 - Einhell Drywall Sander TC-DW 225 Summary Review
- 92% buyer satisfaction rating
- T-grip, spring-loaded brush rim and telescopic handle adjustable infinitely up to 165 cm.
- Large sanding disc with practical velcro system and practical dust suction
- Foldable handlebar for a quick set-up
- Delivery inclusive 6 sanding discs and in a practical transport and storage case.
No 2 - VonHaus 750W Long Handle Drywall Sander with 210mm Pad Summary Review
- 90% customer satisfaction with 70% of all buyers giving this model a full 5 star review
- 750W sander. Can be attached to a vacuum clearer or dust bag
- Variable speed rotation from 1000-1600RPM (no load). 12x 210mm sanding papers included
- 210MM SANDING DISC
- LED light strip offers clear visibility in low-lit areas
- Extends from 120cm to 170cm for tackling high ceilings and walls, flexible dust extraction pipe 4m length.
- Power cord: 4m
- MANUFACTURER 2 YEAR WARRANTY
No 3 - TACKLIFE Automatic Vacuum Efficient 95% 800W Drywall Sander Long Handle Summary Review
- 88% Customer Satisfaction
- 95% dust absorption. A dust bag will keep clean even without a vacuum cleaner
- 12pcs sanding discs(6x120grit & 6x320grit) , 2 x carbon brush, 1 x dust collection bag, 1x screwdriver, 1x hex wrench, 2 x gasket, 1x 1.3M dust extraction hose, 1x carrying bag.
- LED light around the base pad, improving brightness for dark working.
- 800W motor provides efficient and dynamic power
- Adjustable Angle and variable speed: sanding plate with 225mm diameter can be adjusted at various angles, 6 variable speed easily adjust speed 500-1800rpm according to different application
No 4 - Orion Motor Tech Drywall Sander Swivel Head Adjustable Speed 850W Summary Review
- 86% buyer satisfaction rating
- Handle extends from 145CM up to a length of 208CM
- Perforated driving disc: for efficient dust extraction
- Includes abrasives set, a carry case and an additional grip
- Voltage 220 V: high-current power plug
No 5 - Automatic Vacuum Efficient 95% 800W Drywall Sander Summary Review
- 84% buyer satisfaction rating
- Power: 800 watts 230v
- Variable speed : 500-1800 rpm
- Has an excellent vacuum system that gets about 95% of the dust
- Sanding disc diameter : Ø225 mm
- D Handle holder makes it very comfortable to use
Telescopic Drywall Sander Buying Tips
When buying any tool there are a few things i normally ask myself.
- How often will i use this tool. Is it for one job or jobs in the future too?
- Is it something I will use myself in the house or will I be taking it to other jobs?
- With a tool like this i need to know how long this will extend to, will it do ceilings?
- How much do i want to pay?
Once you know what you’ll be doing with the sander, you can figure out what specifications you need
Obviously we want a light as possible sander as the heavier it is the quicker you will get tired using it. Also, if your doing ceilings then you will have to keep the sander above your head. So don't get a sander that is so heavy, you can only use it in short bursts.
Higher RPM is great but it adds problems. You need full control at all times and the fastest is not always the best.Again, it may depend on whether you have one room to do or it's something you will be doing regularly. Will a little practice the higher speed sanders will do the job the most quickly.
Modern sanding discs will attach on with Velcro, which is easily the best solution. Always check that the sander you buy has this feature and always make sure it uses standard sized discs that you can buy anywhere .
Some brands use their own specialized sized discs that you have to buy from them. they are more expensive and harder to get, so avoid that.
There are various grades of discs so i would get a selection to start. They are pretty cheap and it wont take long for you to work out which are the best for you.
Type of Sanding
Very fine sanding
Super find finishing sanding
Will remove scratches for perfect finish
How to use a Telescopic Drywall Sander
Hopefully you have found this information on sanders useful. If you are not sure that this is the type of sander for you then check back to our Types of Electric Sanders article for some more ideas.